Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Scenic 2 Dash Strange Problem

Hi,

I have a scenic 2 dash which it's speed odometer increases by itself (car is idle mode). Sometimes when I push or jog the grey big connecter it works normally

Any idea on this?

BR,
    moztas

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

This is a common failure on Scenic2 dashboards, try to repair it, problem is located in most of cases in solderings points of connectors,internal fuse, mini smd resistances,or transistor...when this fails, dashboard goes fool and increases mileage (or not).

My advise is that you try to repair yourself with thr help with a post in this forum. Use search button.

I hope i have helped you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs up

Many thanks for your response GolfmkI.

Yes, I already searched the forum and found 2 topics about repairing scenic 2 dash. As you say, common advise is resoldering small valued resistors and some smd companents near transformator.

But, I did't know that is related with incresing speed odometer. I am a electronic technician and it will be very easy to resolder companents with my hot air gun and soldering machine.

BR,
    moztas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry for mistake. There is a problem on speedometer not the odometer. Speedometer increases by itself.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

If it is the speedometer who increases, could be because of the same reason, but this is not the most common.Have you any diagnostic interface like Renault can clip? SO you can read dtc faults, and actual values. By this way you can check components so you can read real values, and compare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have no any diagnostic interface for Renault vehicles. Anyway, most probably it is a soldering issue as you say above. Because speedometer works normal when I push the connector. I will try and post the result.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Yes it seems to be only soldering work, you.re lucky!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Today, I checked the soldering. As you said GolfmkI, solder of all 1R0 resistors were broken. I resoldered them all. I will update when I test it.

Yes, I'm really lucky!

BR
    moztas