Register
Page 552 of 847 FirstFirst ... 52452502542547548549550551552553554555556557562602652 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 12705
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys,
    i´ve read almost everything, but I am not able to repair my old china cable.. can you help me please (win7 64bit)
    with no 12V I have short to ground, with 12V I have only CAN NOT READY. I have measured for shorts but all four 1AM transistors are good
    IMG_3031.JPGIMG_3032.JPGhw type.jpgno12V.jpgwith12V.jpg
    I know that I can buy a new cable, it is quite cheap, but I am really big fanatic in repairing stuffs
    thank you a lot

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I do not think will work on CAN, it migth work only with K line. This is a low quality cable. I had one just like this one, there is "false" error with short to ground...if when you power up that message does not pop up, it is ok . But do not waste your time with it , just buy a new one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alexm1 For This Useful Post:

firebroker (12th May, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

Your car for sure having CAN? If not can, the message is correct.
    If CAN ..reflash the cable (IF before said CAN OK, with previous soft)

Your cable architecture is a very bad one. "The petard of the petards" i can say.
    The cable test is only with 12V powered.
    Last edited by liviudiaconu; 12th May, 2019 at 08:46 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to liviudiaconu For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firebroker View Post
    Hi Guys,
    i´ve read almost everything, but I am not able to repair my old china cable.. can you help me please (win7 64bit)
    with no 12V I have short to ground, with 12V I have only CAN NOT READY. I have measured for shorts but all four 1AM transistors are good
    IMG_3031.JPGIMG_3032.JPGhw type.jpgno12V.jpgwith12V.jpg
    I know that I can buy a new cable, it is quite cheap, but I am really big fanatic in repairing stuffs
    thank you a lot
    Your interface lacks GAL/ATF chip, as well the K-line is transistor driven.
    It's not worth the effort resurrecting this cable as it won't function correctly anyway. Just hurry up to buy a new one (promotion link for special price is available a few pages back) before "Mr. I know everything" shows up and chimes in about transistors quality
    I can calculate ABS module codings for:
    * Continental/Teves MK60EC1 and MK60;
    * TRW systems in Passat B6 / B7 / CC /Tiguan;
    * MK100
    ;
    * Bosch ABS8.2, ABS9.0 and ESP8.2, ESP9.0;
    * EBC 460 (UP!, Mii, Rapid, CitiGo, Fabia, Toledo, etc) New!
    ... and other VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda modules.I can assist with repairing \/CDS interfaces.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hid3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you all for your opinion. New cable: VIP LINK for DK Classic DIY ATMEGA162 + FT232RL + L9637D + 16V8B cable with Bootloader just ordered. hope its good choice...
    hid3 please PM me, I want to donate my cable if you are interested.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexm1 View Post
    Hi, can anyone share(link for download) vers. 18.9 German that can work with 7.2 loader?
    Thanks
    http://www.share-online.biz/dl/DLYLT1HP7G9

10. The Following User Says Thank You to networkers For This Useful Post:

alexm1 (13th May, 2019)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts

Beta 19.1 works only with RT current HEX-NET and HEX-V2 interfaces.

Don't waste your money for this shit FAKE HEX-CAN interface which called by some experts here "HEX-V2".

UDS protocol, which was used in newer cars from 2013, doesn't work at all, even if you have transivers instead of "simple transistors!!!

But that should be well known to the "experts" here, or maybe not...

Sent from my HONOR 8X
    Last edited by mikroel; 13th May, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firebroker View Post
    thank you all for your opinion. New cable: VIP LINK for DK Classic DIY ATMEGA162 + FT232RL + L9637D + 16V8B cable with Bootloader just ordered. hope its good choice...
    hid3 please PM me, I want to donate my cable if you are interested.

In that link are two kinds of cables:
    One "classic", in fact a Hex K+Can clone and a clone named by chineses "Hex V2". Is a "hex K + CAN" clone (none of chinese not released a real "V2" clone yet).
    Named "V2" because of the same case design, nothing else.

Sincerily i recommend you that named "V2" because:

The "Classic" version i suspect to be that version PCB woth "AES" chip. Is relative OK but: because of low quality of few components, "7805" is hot.
    In that "V2" the voltage regulator is cold and the cable is more stable.

Because of that hot "7805" i saw few "classic" cables not functional. After replace few components, the cable worked again but..for how much time?

I didn't know for sure if that "classic" cable is with AES, i wrote that (i "suspect").
    If hid3 can tell us if is "AES" version or not..
    Last edited by liviudiaconu; 13th May, 2019 at 12:35 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

I'd also vote for the V2 version. Modern design, detachable cable, comfortable LED layout, draws less power power (~40 mA versus ~100 mA which Classic one drains), PCB layout is (almost) identical to factory one (except CAN controller, USB port and LEDs of course). And yes, Classic's voltage regulator gets hot when using for extended periods of time but... It all depends on your needs and willingness to spend extra bucks or better save them for beer. In either case, Classic in most cases work fair good enough in most cases.

Regarding AES chip: in out setup (Loader + VCDS) the AES chip is not being used. With both jumpers removed, the AES chip is not even powered on.

Regarding Classic's hunger for power and hot voltage regulator: I still haven't nailed down the excessive power usage to a single component. I started drawing the schema of the Classic interface but I needed to return that interface back to the owner so I couldn't complete it. At the moment I don't have Classic one laying around so can't continue.
    I suspect this may be related to Lattice/Palce GAL chip, however, without having done exact measurements I can't tell this is 100% true.
    * MK100
    ;
    ... and other VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda modules.I can assist with repairing \/CDS interfaces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by deandc View Post
    Dear Kolimer, HID3 and all other coders,

As everyone is aware, the HEX-V2 interface that we use is just an improved HEX+CAN. R0$$ Tech released the original HEX-V2 to support newer cars and modules. Furthermore did they program a year checking mechanism in the VCDS software, which will tell you that you are using an old interface if you are trying to read a control module on a MY2019 car, although the interface can still read the module. In my opinion this is a sad move, as the old interface can still read out and code the module.

Today I installed VCDS 18.9.1 with VCDS Loader 7.2, hoping that maybe they enabled coding and adaptions for my car (MY2019 Superb), as my interface could still read the modules. But yet again the popup came, saying that my interface was too old. But suddenly I found a bypass around this year checking mechanism, which allowed me to do adaptations and coding on the desired module.

Apparently each time that you select a control module, he will read out the year of the car, so how did I bypass this?

1) Turn on the ignition (no running engine)
    2) Read out all the control modules
    3) Before selecting the desired control module, turn off the ignition and then select the desired module (don`t wait too long to select the module, as the electricity running through the modules is only for a short period now)
    4) Normally he will read the desired module, and the adaptations and coding button will not be greyed out
    5) Now you can turn the ignition back on and do your coding/adaptations (AT YOUR OWN RISK!)
    6) If you want to go to another control module, please repeat step 3 till 5

I hope this procedure will work for you guys as it worked for me.

@Kolimer and @HID3
    Maybe you could create a patch which disables this year checking mechanism?

Regards,
    Dean
    I drive a late 2018 model and bought a "hex-v2" cable from one of the China sellers. Strangely I encountered the "Please upgrade your interface" error; thought it affects only 2019 models.

I tried your method, managed to get to Step 5 but when i clicked long coding helper, it says unable to connect to controller. Guess it doesn't work for me.

I went on to ask another China seller and he was adamant that his cable will work on my late 2018 model for sure. Pretty skeptical as I suppose no clones have managed to work on the latest models?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hid3, I'm unable to pm you as your inbox is full. Let me know when you see this?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by honestbee View Post
    I drive a late 2018 model and bought a "hex-v2" cable from one of the China sellers. Strangely I encountered the "Please upgrade your interface" error; thought it affects only 2019 models.

I tried your method, managed to get to Step 5 but when i clicked long coding helper, it says unable to connect to controller. Guess it doesn't work for me.

I went on to ask another China seller and he was adamant that his cable will work on my late 2018 model for sure. Pretty skeptical as I suppose no clones have managed to work on the latest models?
    It s better if you show us the "entire picture": what software vers. you use, pics with hardware, if you allready tried on older car models....

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

Hello dear DK members and VAG lovers,

just wanted to let everyone know that OBD2CarTool shop really cares about us and now they have become even better!
    Besides the fact that they offer VIP price for interfaces for us, they also started offering a possibility to order USBASP programmer - so now you can get all the required stuff in once package with quick delivery! Personally I think it's the best deal you can ever get.

Here's the link: https://www.obd2cartool.com/vip-link...86o4so84i9m7r7
    Pay attention there are two Packages - Classic and "HEX-V2" interfaces as well there are two options - with USBASP programmer or without it.

Enjoy!
    * MK100
    ;

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hid3 For This Useful Post:

Chadz (30th May, 2019), jan4 (14th May, 2019), kventis (8th January, 2020), Roma77 (14th May, 2019), SaraLee (5th September, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello!
    I have an interface which i bought from China. I think, i used about only for two times. After a while i tried to use again, but was a problem with license, invalid. After i made an upgrade of firmware with my language Romanian , the license is now valid, but Can is not ready... What can I do? Thank you so much, BogdanWhatsApp Image 2019-05-15 at 21.33.56 (1).jpgcan not ready.JPGWhatsApp Image 2019-05-15 at 21.33.56 (2).jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by predki View Post
    Sinapsi

I have three cables so damaged. VID and PID alone 0000 tried everything, could not do it.

Sorry for my absence, but I just wanted to update you.

Taking into consideration your advice (thank you very much), I ordered on Amazon 1 serial converter - usb with original FTDI.
    I replaced the fake FTDI from the interface, reprogrammed and everything started working fine.

The problem with these interfaces is not the components themselves, but the use of cloned converters. The same FTDI in 2014 issued updates to their drivers via windows update. If it recognizes a fake chip, it takes it to VID and PID to 0000.
    Replacing the fake chip with an original one, reprogramming it properly, everything returns to work properly, even keeping the PC online.