Register
Page 56 of 847 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106156556 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Understand this

I understand this ,but I have an 908 eeprom ,but is for write in FTDI and,or 93c46 . HOW can I write this in ATMEGA EEPROM ?
    Or how can I solve my friend's clone witch was functional until an "smart people " destroy it by connecting to the internet ?.
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craul4 View Post
    I understand this ,but I have an 908 eeprom ,but is for write in FTDI and,or 93c46 . HOW can I write this in ATMEGA EEPROM ?
    Or how can I solve my friend's clone witch was functional until an "smart people " destroy it by connecting to the internet ?.
    You need ept for ftdi and write with mprog adn then you need
    flash and eeprom dump files to write Atmega with you programmer.
    "Do you want to come to you to help?"
    read the tutorial how to write the Atmega how the KenshinPT and rsibiza told you before and everything will be fine.
    If you have skils in this way, if you don't forget about because you'll damage the tool more that is now.
    Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

"The EEPROM is not that easy." What this mean ? I already read this until you tell me that "The EEPROM is not that easy." Please if you did not want to tell ,me don't answer !

"The EEPROM is not that easy" means:

You can easily upgrade the FLASH side of a clone VCDS. So getting your hands into the 1.83FW is piece of cake. This is explained here... I think... If it's not I can explain it to you... But hey!!!! Getting the latest FLASH is no big deal...

Getting the EEPROM side of the ATMEGA "is not that easy". One of the methods of reading this EEPROM is by getting a LASER, Electronic Microscope, acid, and other expensive tools. You buy an original VCDS 10.6.x then you destroy the case of the ATMEGA with acid and using the microscope you change the lock bits of the ATMEGA to locked from unlocked with a LASER. Then you use ponyprog and read the content of EEPROM.

Job done.

You have all the information now - good luck

In March 2010 I was a newbie asking lots of questions... but after I read the all thread. It was an old and now deleted thread but the same information is here now...

So don't say that I don't want to explain how you can fix your cable... I already tried but you don't read.

I didn't really like when you wrote: "Please if you did not want to tell ,me don't answer !" Be cool and read the thread... Take a day or two... I spent an entire weeking reading the old VCDS thread.
    Last edited by KenshinPT; 18th January, 2011 at 03:19 PM.

Did it help? Push Thanks below

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Another thing is: If you don't have a power supply, solder iron, flux, solder, multimeter, resistors, soldering skills, electronic knowledge... and so on... Don't do anything and give the cable to someone than can really help you.

Download and read the ATMEGA162V-8AU datahseet. If you don't understand $hit, just give up.
    http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/p...ts/doc2513.pdf
    Last edited by KenshinPT; 18th January, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have all I need for this . Maibe an answer where more useful then all unsalted jokes . And I am working electronics since YOU where in your father pants . Your informatics studies did not equal my first four classes ,so if you did not want to help me for not waste time is ok , BUT DID NOT BE INTERESTING , KEEP YOUR JOKES FOR YOUR friends !!! .

"""" Getting the EEPROM side of the ATMEGA "is not that easy". One of the methods of reading this EEPROM is by getting a LASER, Electronic Microscope, acid, and other expensive tools. You buy an original VCDS 10.6.x then you destroy the case of the ATMEGA with acid and using the microscope you change the lock bits of the ATMEGA to locked from unlocked with a LASER. Then you use ponyprog and read the content of EEPROM.

Another thing is: If you don't have a power supply, solder iron, flux, solder, multimeter, resistors, soldering skills, electronic knowledge... and so on... Don't do anything and give the cable to someone than can really help you. """""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I have all I need for this . Maibe an answer where more useful then all unsalted jokes . And I am working electronics since YOU where in your father pants . Your informatics studies did not equal my first four classes ,so if you did not want to help me for not waste time is ok , BUT DID NOT BE INTERESTING , KEEP YOUR JOKES FOR YOUR friends !!! .
    So if you're a genius in electronics why are you here? This is a thread just for newbies and not for experts.

You're in the wrong place.

But hey... You have everything explained here and you still don't get it... Hey!!! What a genius ah?!
    Last edited by KenshinPT; 18th January, 2011 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NOW I'm sure that you are a woman . To much comments . Your brain is 10% executable code and 90 % comments . Nothing bad in this . Is my fault that I am talking to you .

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

NOW I'm sure that you are a woman . To much comments . Your brain is 10% executable code and 90 % comments . Nothing bad in this . Is my fault that I am talking to you .
    M8 nobody wants to be rude with you but you don't want to read or you don't understand. So this ain't KenshinPT fault.
    If you said that you have skills now you did this for a long time.
    It is very easy from explanation in this thread.
    Let me tell you again
    1. you need an ept file for ftdi ( you find it in this thread ) and use MProg for this
    2. you need two files for flash and EEPROM ( you find item here in this thread too ) and you need an Atmega 162 programmer which one you want, USB one or LPT one.
    The thread for peaple who haven't skills like you find tutorials, explained step by step how to do this.
    So read the entire thread please first please, waist a littel bit time and you'll understand without help, just becasue I see that you are a smart guy.

Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default searching dump vagcom 10.6 french

Hello,

I'm looking for dump for vagcom 10.6 in french. I have a chinese cable. I instaled french version of vcds and now my cable is bad. I would like reprogramming it in french version.

Thank you for your help.

Yann

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yann5000 View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking for dump for vagcom 10.6 in french. I have a chinese cable. I instaled french version of vcds and now my cable is bad. I would like reprogramming it in french version.

Thank you for your help.

Yann
    Did you saw VCDS 10.6 in french?
    If you seen that is but I don't think so.
    VCDS 10.6.0 it is just in english and buy the way don't waste your time, becasue it isn't for free for now.
    Just 908 in french, german, russian, plosh, Czech, romanian ( that's what I know, maybe there are in many languages but I don't know more ) but from what I know it isn't for free too.
    Good luck
    Last edited by mattydr67; 18th January, 2011 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattydr67 View Post
    Did you saw VCDS 10.6 in french?
    If you seen that is but I don't think so.
    VCDS 10.6.0 it is just in english and buy the way don't waste your time,
    There is Croatian version of 10.6 , even dtc-s are translated :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Just a note:

I tried higher resistors in the LPT programmer to get a better protection in the LPT port.

The results were successful with this resistors:
    MOSI: 100 + 1000 ohm
    MISO: 100 + 390 ohm
    CLOCK: 100 + 1000 ohm
    RESET: 100 + 1000 ohm

I used this method of adding other resistors in serie with the 100ohm because I already soldered those 100ohm resistors to the LPT programmer.

That's strange because all others signals work with 1.1Kohm and MISO just communicates with 490ohm.

I tested on the ATMEGA162V-8AU - reading and wrinting - FLASH and EEPROM

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KenshinPT For This Useful Post:

seal777 (12th April, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Another important note:

I wrote once, several times, that I used my LPT in ECP/EPP because my BIOS didn't support only ECP or EPP separately.

I was wrong. I can choose either ECP, EPP, bidirectional... and I am using EPP.

I suspect that ECP won't work but I am not 100% sure.

Sorry for this wrong information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ivanxxx View Post
    There is Croatian version of 10.6 , even dtc-s are translated :-)
    I have seen Bosnian version of VCDS 10.6 ( thanks to great guru Nermin), i wasn't aware that Croatian version exists, can you show me some pictures please
    Last edited by bibkare; 19th January, 2011 at 01:44 PM.