Register
Page 608 of 846 FirstFirst ... 108508558598603604605606607608609610611612613618658708 ... LastLast
Results 9,106 to 9,120 of 12688
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_hrz View Post
    I have tried to find out what tipe of cable I have but I have this error ?
    Is cable recognized in windows device manager? Did you attach it to obd2 port or 12v on a bench?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kaalis For This Useful Post:

andrei_hrz (4th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default VAG-COM/VCDS EVERYTHING

No I did not put 12v on bench .
    Later edit:

I manage to make it work. Thank you for your help

Later later edit:
    After 3 minuts of using it. I got an error to test it. I tested the cable that was conected to car, but the error remaid “the cable is ok, but not conected to the car” .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andrei_hrz; 4th November, 2019 at 06:38 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrei_hrz For This Useful Post:

Col19 (12th November, 2019), kaalis (4th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

A neighbor is telling me that he can sell me a real HEX-V2 clone. He insists that it's indeed a HEX-V2 clone, not just a HEX-CAN clone in HEX-V2 case. Is this possible? I knew that there are no real HEX-V2 clones. What do you think?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

HEX-V2 clones already exist.
    But their lives will be short.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tk500 For This Useful Post:

Col19 (12th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

All the hex v2 cables ive found are just hex+can in a hex v2 case. There is this european one that ive found thats a 19.6.2 claiming it works on all cars including newest. Since you guys dont want to share the link to the hex v2 clone ill have to do trial and error on these cables till i find a working hex v2. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

You can read seller name, pm him, you can read shop name in Ali, scan his listings, what else you want? Links to exact listing lasts for couple of days maybe and then change/get deleted/whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by nextor View Post
    A neighbor is telling me that he can sell me a real HEX-V2 clone. He insists that it's indeed a HEX-V2 clone, not just a HEX-CAN clone in HEX-V2 case.
    Ask for screenshots from Device manager with cable entry, port test and About screen from vcds.
    Should be enough for a start.
    Last edited by kaalis; 5th November, 2019 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jay1908 View Post
    All the hex v2 cables ive found are just hex+can in a hex v2 case. There is this european one that ive found thats a 19.6.2 claiming it works on all cars including newest. Since you guys dont want to share the link to the hex v2 clone ill have to do trial and error on these cables till i find a working hex v2. Ill let you guys know how it goes.
    What do you mean by "european one"?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Does someone have an example how a EGR Delete, and DPF Delete looks in VCDS under measuring blocks ? How do i spot a EGR Delete and DPF ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

There's two clones on Aliexpress. One only mentions chip with a generic housing, the other has board shots but both of them are expensive. With little search you can find them easily. When you see the price you know you got the right item.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papuc For This Useful Post:

Col19 (12th November, 2019), Jay1908 (5th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kaalis View Post
    You can read seller name, pm him, you can read shop name in Ali, scan his listings, what else you want? Links to exact listing lasts for couple of days maybe and then change/get deleted/whatever reason.

Ask for screenshots from Device manager with cable entry, port test and About screen from vcds.
    Should be enough for a start.
    What more do i want? The link ofcourse. Which i did ask for. But i got asked the reasons for why i want it then i would get the link but i didnt get anythimg hemce why i said i would have to trial and test different cables to find a hex v2.
    In regards to the european one that i mentioned , afaik the chinese clones dont have a 19.6.2 but a few european sites have it. I may be completely wrong about this and it could just be another hex+can cable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What more do i want? The link ofcourse. Which i did ask for. But i got asked the reasons for why i want it then i would get the link but i didnt get anythimg hemce why i said i would have to trial and test different cables to find a hex v2.
    In regards to the european one that i mentioned , afaik the chinese clones dont have a 19.6.2 but a few european sites have it. I may be completely wrong about this and it could just be another hex+can cable
    I think i know why you didn't get a link. That is because you won't get a link in public. Also you are a new user and not being on this forum for more than a week. You could be RT employee (I'm not telling you are but you must build up some rep in here). Plus if you know the link you wouldn't buy a cable anyway because right now there's no point to buy one. It's way too expensive and the risk of getting it banned it quite high. If you really want one you can find both of them quite easily. You know what MCU the original HE>< V2 has. It's just a matter of one search and a little sorting. The other even more expensive cable has PCB shots in the listing so that's also easy to find. If you can prove it that you are capable of finding any of them and send a PM with a link to me I'm going to tell you if it's the right link or not. How about that?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to papuc For This Useful Post:

bmw318isblack (5th November, 2019), Col19 (12th November, 2019), kaalis (5th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Here is a link for V2. The seller didnt put pictures of thr Software.

€ 62,93 | HEX scandiag kabel V2 vag kabel 19,6 für vw für audi für sitz für skoda obd scanner update kostenlos
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pF5IFV3tv

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rak183 For This Useful Post:

Jay1908 (5th November, 2019), tixace (9th December, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rak183 View Post
    Here is a link for V2. The seller didnt put pictures of thr Software.
    Nope. It's not € 62,93. That's the Atmega one like it says in the description. Click on "v2 19.6" € 159,60. You should remove the link. Seriously. There's a much cheaper one out there that costs little over € 100.

Edit: Oh well... people can't keep secrets. You might as well post the other one as well. So get them before RT magic trick with the link and cables.
    Last edited by papuc; 5th November, 2019 at 08:01 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to papuc For This Useful Post:

Col19 (12th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thank you rak183 i really appreciate it.
    Papuc is right though you should remove the link before it gets permanently removed.
    @papuc what makes the cable get banned? Is it cause of going online? Is it because of updating the software?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

@papuc what makes the cable get banned? Is it cause of going online? Is it because of updating the software?
    Ask RT. Having some common sense also helps. There's not only VCDS, there's firmware on the cable as well. They can brick cables if they want. I'm sure they can code some routines to check if it's a genuine He>< V2 or if it came from China. So you might be stuck on the same 19.6.X version forever, especially if you cannot reprogram the cables. Chink sellers might be able to do that but they ain't gonna tell you how nor give you a hex or dfu. You don't know if you can update the shit on the cable with the official ones from RT servers. For Hecks+CAN the firmware came from a local file from VCDS installation folder rather than a remote location. There's actually bin files if you take a look. While for genuine Hegz v2 there's a tool that downloads them and phones home with probably too much information that's encrypted. Buy a cable and try in and capture traffic with Wireshark if you can throw out the window 100+ Euros. You might as well buy an ST-LINK v2. Maybe you are lucky and there's no read protect on the MCU unlike the genuine cable.

So yeah. You don't have a loader and toolset to fix bricked units like you do with Hecks+CAN. Kolimer ain't gonna help you so don't bother him with. You got to start from the beginning and take down the empire again till they run out of space on the MCU and RT decides to use something else with more space on it.

I would experiment with the new clones if the prices were only 1/3 the price. The problem is that mofos in China have way too much old old clones in stock. Somehow those must go. Also they won't tell you what they did with the cables or how they function. No installation videos, not mentioning the new MCU or if they can be updated or not. So wait and don't post links. If they update cables after a new VCDS version and sell the same cables then there's hope. If the same listings stay on the same version then it means only the person who reverse engineered knows and has the ability to fix the cables. Keeping that as well a secret means that resellers won't have the ability to flash the old cables to the newest firmware thanks to the read protect (if they did that). And to write a new firmware you need to erase the old one. (Similar situation if you want to flash a custom firmware on a GOTEK floppy emulator that has a similar MCU from STM.)

Keep your eyes open on other places, reviews and videos of bricked cables. Also RT forums when some dumbass asks why his cable not working anymore...

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to papuc For This Useful Post:

alpesh26 (6th November, 2019), bmw318isblack (5th November, 2019), Col19 (12th November, 2019), girolamodisidisi (7th November, 2019), kaalis (6th November, 2019)