Register
Page 514 of 847 FirstFirst ... 14414464504509510511512513514515516517518519524564614 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 12705
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can you check if the cable is recognised on another PC with VCDS installed ?

That way it will eliminate a cable fault or driver/install fault on first PC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by macwol01 View Post
    Can you check if the cable is recognised on another PC with VCDS installed ?

That way it will eliminate a cable fault or driver/install fault on first PC.
    I will try that this evening, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dear Kolimer, HID3 and all other coders,

As everyone is aware, the HEX-V2 interface that we use is just an improved HEX+CAN. R0$$ Tech released the original HEX-V2 to support newer cars and modules. Furthermore did they program a year checking mechanism in the VCDS software, which will tell you that you are using an old interface if you are trying to read a control module on a MY2019 car, although the interface can still read the module. In my opinion this is a sad move, as the old interface can still read out and code the module.

Today I installed VCDS 18.9.1 with VCDS Loader 7.2, hoping that maybe they enabled coding and adaptions for my car (MY2019 Superb), as my interface could still read the modules. But yet again the popup came, saying that my interface was too old. But suddenly I found a bypass around this year checking mechanism, which allowed me to do adaptations and coding on the desired module.

Apparently each time that you select a control module, he will read out the year of the car, so how did I bypass this?

1) Turn on the ignition (no running engine)
    2) Read out all the control modules
    3) Before selecting the desired control module, turn off the ignition and then select the desired module (don`t wait too long to select the module, as the electricity running through the modules is only for a short period now)
    4) Normally he will read the desired module, and the adaptations and coding button will not be greyed out
    5) Now you can turn the ignition back on and do your coding/adaptations (AT YOUR OWN RISK!)
    6) If you want to go to another control module, please repeat step 3 till 5

I hope this procedure will work for you guys as it worked for me.

@Kolimer and @HID3
    Maybe you could create a patch which disables this year checking mechanism?

Regards,
    Dean

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to deandc For This Useful Post:

AYD (27th January, 2019), elpaso544 (28th January, 2019), Fabio89 (26th January, 2019), jakuza (7th February, 2019), kaalis (24th January, 2019), Kapten (25th January, 2019), liviudiaconu (25th January, 2019), macwol01 (24th January, 2019), Mario6 (25th January, 2019), muscles1960 (25th January, 2019), pablobrsp (1st March, 2019), paro44 (25th January, 2019), webdev1234 (6th February, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

Do not worry, we are aware of this and this is already taken care of. This was quite unfair purely sales-driven move to make users think that their HEX+CANs are really incompatible in order to promote sales of the new gen expensive interfaces. Many owners who run workshops actually got caught by that and purchased/upgraded.

Funny enough how R0$$ guy made a lot of mistakes where Golf 6, Audi A3 8P and similar cars started getting popups about not suported vehicles
    One member is already enjoying the improvements. Will you be the 2nd one?
    Last edited by hid3; 24th January, 2019 at 10:57 PM.
    I can calculate ABS module codings for:
    * Continental/Teves MK60EC1 and MK60;
    * TRW systems in Passat B6 / B7 / CC /Tiguan;
    * MK100
    ;
    * Bosch ABS8.2, ABS9.0 and ESP8.2, ESP9.0;
    * EBC 460 (UP!, Mii, Rapid, CitiGo, Fabia, Toledo, etc) New!
    ... and other VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda modules.I can assist with repairing \/CDS interfaces.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to hid3 For This Useful Post:

Fabio89 (26th January, 2019), IJskonijn (25th January, 2019), jakuza (7th February, 2019), jan4 (25th January, 2019), kaalis (24th January, 2019), Kapten (13th February, 2019), liviudiaconu (25th January, 2019), Mario6 (25th January, 2019), muscles1960 (25th January, 2019), paro44 (25th January, 2019), rak183 (25th January, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by hid3 View Post
    Do not worry, we are aware of this and this is already taken care of. This was quite unfair purely sales-driven move to make users think that their HEX+CANs are really incompatible in order to promote sales of the new gen expensive interfaces. Many owners who run workshops actually got caught by that and purchased/upgraded.

Funny enough how R0$$ guy made a lot of mistakes where Golf 6, Audi A3 8P and similar cars started getting popups about not suported vehicles
    Can't thank you guys enough for the hard work you are doing. I will report back to you regarding the update! Cheers

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

New releases of ENG and FRM. Enjoy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kaalis For This Useful Post:

FoxMulder (26th January, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys! Someone has the 12.10.3 version? I lost the CD, thanks in advance

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pusho View Post
    Hi guys! Someone has the 12.10.3 version? I lost the CD, thanks in advance
    Try from here.
    (slow download)

https://zachowajto.pl/!t759Hmgt/vcds...ller-china-exe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mario6 View Post
    Thanks Mario!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello i need info about this cable, do i have a good cable or not because some chip doesnt have information and dont see ftdi.
    This is a cable from a seller on aliexpress send it with vcds 18.9 saying cant update and send it with different language like mine is english and french.
    i have a cd with installer and loader on english and french but used my already installed vcds with kolimer 7.2 and cable
    k-G38kwCT2qyTeffAAB1kQ.jpgS9_IM0GHSqOl9NI-yo1Vqg.jpgBNAPBDWNTq6RwG1vmvhDwA.jpgScreenshot_1.jpg

can i use it without risk or do i need to do some special search before like dump the flash with a usbasp before use it on a 2018 golf?

edit:
    Elektrik1, before jumping to straight conclusion that some of your cables are really 0x46, better check them manually.

0x44: ATmega 34 and 35 pins are connected to GAL pins 5 and 4 accordingly and GAL pin 9 is connected to some pin on the FTDI (use multimeter in diode testing mode to confirm).
    0x46: no connection from ATmega 34 and 35 pins exist to any pins of GAL and GAL pin 9 is NOT connected to FTDI and GAL pin 5 is connected to FTDI.

If you have anything between those two, then you have a cable-mutant
    according to what say hid3, i have a 0X44 because i see atmega 34 and 35 connect to PALCE16V8 and pin 9 are connected to (unknow)ftdi pin 9.
    i test this one with multimeter for affirm this
    Last edited by Hikage; 26th January, 2019 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Great to know ! Im also interested if release some patch for MQB 2019+ models

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

guys vcds ecu number 17 instrument, login is the pin code of the instrument cluster ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hikage View Post
    hello i need info about this cable, do i have a good cable or not because some chip doesnt have information and dont see ftdi.
    This is a cable from a seller on aliexpress send it with vcds 18.9 saying cant update and send it with different language like mine is english and french.
    i have a cd with installer and loader on english and french but used my already installed vcds with kolimer 7.2 and cable
    k-G38kwCT2qyTeffAAB1kQ.jpgS9_IM0GHSqOl9NI-yo1Vqg.jpgBNAPBDWNTq6RwG1vmvhDwA.jpgScreenshot_1.jpg

can i use it without risk or do i need to do some special search before like dump the flash with a usbasp before use it on a 2018 golf?

edit:

according to what say hid3, i have a 0X44 because i see atmega 34 and 35 connect to PALCE16V8 and pin 9 are connected to (unknow)ftdi pin 9.
    i test this one with multimeter for affirm this
    Quote Originally Posted by VAGCOM_HWType
    FW Version : 1.96
    HW Version : 0x46
    Identification : ROSSTECH
    Bootloader : Enabled
    i joined a progisp backup, i made with progisp before flash or change anything to the cable

this is the store where i buy the cable
    https://fr.aliexpress.com/store/prod...970197026.html

when plug with 12v on my house, i got this
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hikage; 26th January, 2019 at 06:22 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hikage View Post
    If you paid for it more than 25-35usd then seller totally got you. You could have found a better fake v2 clone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaalis View Post
    If you paid for it more than 25-35usd then seller totally got you. You could have found a better fake v2 clone.
    i pay it 29usd and other cable i see with know to work cable are 2 usd less expensive
    Last edited by Hikage; 26th January, 2019 at 06:32 PM.