Register
Page 615 of 846 FirstFirst ... 115515565605610611612613614615616617618619620625665715 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 12679
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Let me tell you my experience. I have a cable whose PCB and the layout of all components look identical to those of one board found on the internet. There are 10 pads on the end of the PCB for USB (4 pads), ISP (4pads), and 2 extra ones. However the USB pads are oriented in totally opposite way for 2 boards, and the extra 2 pads on my board are GND, but on the other board they are VCC to the chips other than FT232 (FT232 is powered by USB port)!
    As was described in #9213, if you are sure which 4 pads are for USB, first please find the GND with a multimeter. The GND pad (for the black wire) shall be shorted to the heat sink of the 7805 regulator. Then, in principle, the neighboring one is green (D+), then white (D-), then red (USB VCC).
    The most reliable way is to check the connectivities between these pads and the FT232 chip. The one who connected to pin8 (USB DM) of FT232 should be white and pin7 (USB DP) should be green. The resistance between the pad to the pin may not be zero but should be a quite limited number:
    捕获.JPG

However I cannot locate the FT232 on your board.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maitreya For This Useful Post:

Col19 (5th December, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

OK done with it. Take a look at the following picture. It's the upper right corner of your side-a.jpg. The QFP32 chip is FT232.
    捕获.JPG

The pin8 is linked to USB D- via a 27R risistor and pin7 to D+ as well. So your white and green wires are in correct positions.
    Check the pad in the red circle. I highly suspect that it should be USB VCC (red wire) but the pad was destroyed by bad soldering. Check if it is shorten to pin3 of the FT232.
    The pad currently soldered to red wire is supposed to be GND and should be soldered to black wire. However before operation check the connection between it and the pin9 of the FT232 or the heatsink of the 7805.
    Anyway by checking the connectivities you can easily find the proper connection way. It should work if none of the components was destroyed by mistakenly applied voltage. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tib82 View Post
    I got a cable from a guy who took down all USB cable wires from PCB (I don't know how). He or somebody else tried to find the right wire order but they made an ugly solderint surface. Luckily the PCB pads are silll good enough.
    I searched the same PCB to check the wiring but with the same wire order even the Windows cannot recognise the USB device. No "ding-dong" sound on plug in the USB port. Is anybody knows what should be problem or the right USB wiring order?

Attachment 672053Attachment 672054
    Last edited by Maitreya; 4th December, 2019 at 02:57 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maitreya For This Useful Post:

Col19 (5th December, 2019), Tib82 (4th December, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    ... The pin8 is linked to USB D- via a 27R risistor and pin7 to D+ as well. So your white and green wires are in correct positions.
    Check the pad in the red circle. I highly suspect that it should be USB VCC (red wire) but the pad was destroyed by bad soldering. Check if it is shorten to pin3 of the FT232.
    The pad currently soldered to red wire is supposed to be GND and should be soldered to black wire. However before operation check the connection between it and the pin9 of the FT232 or the heatsink of the 7805. ...
    I cleaned the old wirings and the pads are not in that good condition than I thought. Hopefully they are still work.
    I checked the left connection point (where Blask is soldered) and it shorted with the 7805 heatsink. So it looks OK.
    If the green and white cables are in a good position, the wiring should be good.

Here is a pic from the RT forum. The wiring is the same as "mine". It has a 5th hole what is not a pad
    Attachment 672128

I think the problem should be the bad quality of soldering or partly damaged pads or previous user mistake with a bad connection (and with it destroyed component).
    Last edited by Tib82; 4th December, 2019 at 08:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes I carefully viewed the picture again and found that the "hole" on the upper right edge must not be a pad because in the oppsite direction there is another one obviously not a pad.
    That means the positions of your wires are correct. Clean & check the soldering, then good luck!
    This board seems the "official" version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tib82 View Post
    I cleaned the old wirings and the pads are not in that good condition than I thought. Hopefully they are still work.
    I checked the left connection point (where Blask is soldered) and it shorted with the 7805 heatsink. So it looks OK.
    If the green and white cables are in a good position, the wiring should be good.

Here is a pic from the RT forum. The wiring is the same as "mine". It has a 5th hole what is not a pad
    Attachment 672128

I think the problem should be the bad quality of soldering or partly damaged pads or previous user mistake with a bad connection (and with it destroyed component).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi. i have vcds v2 cable from aliexpress version 19.6.1 (kolimer vcdsloader 9.2). can i update software to 19.6.2 and use kolimer loader without problem? sorry for newbie question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just do it.
    and..... if you install different version softwares to different directories and copy the loder to each directory, you can run different version softwares on one computer.
    On my PC there are 17.1.3, 17.8, 18.9, 19.6.1. Generally new version supports new model cars better, but sometimes old ones are better for old cars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just do it.
    and..... if you install different version softwares to different directories and copy the loder to each directory, you can run different version softwares on one computer.
    On my PC there are 17.1.3, 17.8, 18.9, 19.6.1. Generally new version supports new model cars better, but sometimes old ones are better for old cars.
    I just updated my vcds v2 from 19.6.1 to 19.6.2 and used vcdsloader 9.2 its working perfectly thanks..

Can i update vcds v1 cable version 18.9.0 to newer version? Should i update firmware too? Thanks again

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Yes, do both.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Not necessarily. From 18.x (and even earlier versions) to 19.8.x the VĒD$ works with V1 cables with firmware 1.96 only. That means your cable has the most up-to-date version firmware, otherwise it wont work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahadeva View Post
    I just updated my vcds v2 from 19.6.1 to 19.6.2 and used vcdsloader 9.2 its working perfectly thanks..

Can i update vcds v1 cable version 18.9.0 to newer version? Should i update firmware too? Thanks again

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maitreya For This Useful Post:

Col19 (11th December, 2019), mahadeva (9th December, 2019), tixace (9th December, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not necessarily. From 18.x (and even earlier versions) to 19.8.x the VĒD$ works with V1 cables with firmware 1.96 only. That means your cable has the most up-to-date version firmware, otherwise it wont work.
    thanks for answar.. so i need to update firmware with eeprom right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

NO you don't need to do so.
    Your cable has definately the most up-to-date firmware version, which is 1.96. For both the program and eeprom.
    The number "1.96" has nothing to do with the recent VCD$ version 19.6.2 - they just look alike. As far as I know, in the past 8 years there were only 3 firmware versions released, 1.84, 1.92 then 1.96. However there were tens of VCD$ software versions from 11.xx.x to 19.xx.x. The version number of VCD$ version denots the year in which the sofware was released and upgrade turns in that year.
    The firmware 1.96 was released a acouple of years ago and from that time on, VCD$ new versions work with 1.96 only. So any cable works with 19.xx, 18.xx, 17.xx ... must has the most up-to-date firmware.
    Nobody knows when the next version firmware will be released - probably not forever because they are promoting their HEX-V2 now. V1 cables gonna have less and less functions and then die on one day. Sadly but true.

Quote Originally Posted by mahadeva View Post
    thanks for answar.. so i need to update firmware with eeprom right?
    Last edited by Maitreya; 9th December, 2019 at 01:58 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

Nobody knows when the next version firmware will be released - probably not forever because they are promoting their HEX-V2 now. V1 cables gonna have less and less functions and then die on one day. Sadly but true.
    Never.
    They are now artificially limiting the HEX+CAN functionality ("incompatible vehicle, please upgrade", etc).
    Besides, there is no flash space in AT162 for firmware updates.
    I can calculate ABS module codings for:
    * Continental/Teves MK60EC1 and MK60;
    * TRW systems in Passat B6 / B7 / CC /Tiguan;
    * MK100
    ;
    * Bosch ABS8.2, ABS9.0 and ESP8.2, ESP9.0;
    * EBC 460 (UP!, Mii, Rapid, CitiGo, Fabia, Toledo, etc) New!
    ... and other VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda modules.I can assist with repairing \/CDS interfaces.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hid3 For This Useful Post:

Col19 (11th December, 2019), jakuza (10th December, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thank you. I guess so, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by hid3 View Post
    Never.
    They are now artificially limiting the HEX+CAN functionality ("incompatible vehicle, please upgrade", etc).
    Besides, there is no flash space in AT162 for firmware updates.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Can anyone share a link for downloading 19.6.x German version that can work with Kokimer.s dumps?
    I found and tried a few earlier links (innthe forum) but all are "dead".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jan4 For This Useful Post:

alexm1 (9th December, 2019), bmw318isblack (10th December, 2019), Col19 (11th December, 2019)