Register
Page 640 of 847 FirstFirst ... 140540590630635636637638639640641642643644645650690740 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 12704
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by liviudiaconu View Post
    U10? Desolder-it
    So i should remove U10 totally or re-solder it after flashing

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

No need to desolder it at all. It's not powered up anyway. Your problem is elsewhere
    I can calculate ABS module codings for:
    * Continental/Teves MK60EC1 and MK60;
    * TRW systems in Passat B6 / B7 / CC /Tiguan;
    * MK100
    ;
    * Bosch ABS8.2, ABS9.0 and ESP8.2, ESP9.0;
    * EBC 460 (UP!, Mii, Rapid, CitiGo, Fabia, Toledo, etc) New!
    ... and other VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda modules.I can assist with repairing \/CDS interfaces.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

No need to be powered. Time to time i conlusioned that U10 make short (probably get defective). Until now about 8-9 cables with short circuit because of that U10 AES. Few times i suspect AES broken FTDI too.
    Last edited by liviudiaconu; 4th June, 2020 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys,

What is the difference between Dutch - NZH and Dutch - PRI in EEWriteLang?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

20200604_144855.jpghi can anyone tell me witch is vcc an gnd also dose kolimer loader have to be offline on v20.4.1
    Last edited by subzdarg; 4th June, 2020 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by subzdarg View Post
    20200604_144855.jpghi can anyone tell me witch is vcc an gnd also dose kolimer loader have to be offline on v20.4.1

Pin 5 >> VCC
    Pin 14 >> GND

and also i have a question regarding this interface. i used loader v9. it has firmware v 1.96. how can i use it with VCDS V20.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to engmoh980 For This Useful Post:

subzdarg (5th June, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by engmoh980 View Post
    Pin 5 >> VCC
    Pin 14 >> GND

and also i have a question regarding this interface. i used loader v9. it has firmware v 1.96. how can i use it with VCDS V20.
    what version is yours now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by subzdarg View Post
    what version is yours now

I have upgraded firmware to 1.96 and now VCDS release 20 is working fine with loader v9.2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hello,

i have been looking obd2tool.com, and they sell two different versions of the HEX V2 one is atmega 162 chip based for around $30 and they also do another HEX V2 which has the ARM or something which im unsureof for $116.00.

Does anyone know where we can get theses cables other than there or is there somewhere else that is producing them obviously i know theses are clones also. As cant seem to find a source for them so unsure where to get them.

Also what is the difference between theses two interfaces, is the one just a high quality HEX V2 Clone and the atmega a rebrandded HEX-CAN.
    Only reason im asking is I need a reliable cable that works on newer cars after 2016. Is my understanding correct that the atmega chip type wont work on 2016+ or is it just hit and miss. is the $116 one worth buying an work as a genuine would can u do online updates an not worrie about it bricking

Thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just received my Option 2 HEX-V2 DIY ATMEGA162 + FT232RQ + AVR programmer from obd2cartool.com and it did not come with any software.
    Am I able to run the latest 20.4.1 official installer from Ross-Tech as long as I keep the Internet connection disabled, or do I require a hacked version from obd2cartool or elsewhere? Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Download official 20.4.1 and kolimer loader 9.2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ziepoeskenetnie View Post
    Download official 20.4.1 and kolimer loader 9.2
    Ok, I now have everything along with official 19.6.2.
    I really don't want to have the device blacklisted in the first attempt at installation, so Wifi is currently off.
    I connected the unit to USB and OBD2 and ran VAGCOM_HWType.exe but got the dreaded "Interface not found" message.
    Do I need to install VCDS or some drivers first? I see the device in Device Manager, but of course the driver is not yet installed.

EDIT: So, even though this is the recommended device to buy according to kolimer's README, it's still not clear to me if I will need to reflash FTDI and the EEPROM.
    Last edited by killab; 7th June, 2020 at 03:07 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killab View Post
    I connected the unit to USB and OBD2 and ran VAGCOM_HWType.exe but got the dreaded "Interface not found" message.
    So read the README file once again. It is prepared in such way, that every single word which is there, is there for a reason and not extra. Not just skim-read it, but study it carefully like you'd be reading an AFM before operating an aircraft.

Looks like you got the "DIY" version. DIY is not for everyone, it's just for those who understand and know what they are doing OR are able to study on their own. Again, I can easily find all the answers in the listing's description, you just need to read:

DIY programming cable introductions:

* DIY ATMEGA162 FT232 VAG COM cable/ VAG hex v2 cable for option
    * Programming Header (only for Classic interface)
    * Comes with no specific EEPROM (must write on your own)
    * With Bootloader
    * Default shipping with English version
    * No CD supplied
    * And shipping via PostNL, DEpost or Yanwen post which is fast shipping
    I can calculate ABS module codings for:
    * Continental/Teves MK60EC1 and MK60;
    * TRW systems in Passat B6 / B7 / CC /Tiguan;
    * MK100
    ;
    * Bosch ABS8.2, ABS9.0 and ESP8.2, ESP9.0;
    * EBC 460 (UP!, Mii, Rapid, CitiGo, Fabia, Toledo, etc) New!
    ... and other VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda modules.I can assist with repairing \/CDS interfaces.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hid3 For This Useful Post:

jan4 (7th June, 2020), liviudiaconu (9th June, 2020), Warez (16th October, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killab View Post
    Do I need to install VCDS or some drivers first? I see the device in Device Manager, but of course the driver is not yet installed.

EDIT: So, even though this is the recommended device to buy according to kolimer's README, it's still not clear to me if I will need to reflash FTDI and the EEPROM.
    I'll answer my own question in hopes that it will help others in the future.
    Does "Interface not found" mean that your FTDI EEPROM is pooched and needs to be reflashed as per Kolimer's intructions?.....the answer: not necessarily.

My device was detected fine by Windows and Linux (lsusb) with serial RT000001.
    After installing VCDS and the associated drivers, I ran VAGCOM_HWType.exe once again, only this time it was properly detected and with FW 1.96 already loaded.
    Following the instructions and launching VCDSLoader.exe, I'm good to go. Didn't need to flash a thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Has anyone seen the HEX-V2 cables that claim to be online updatable, identify as a HEX-V2 not a HEX-CAN and use no loader? I wonder how long these will last.

I ended up buying one and this is what it looks like. Havent tried on a CAN enabled car but on my B6 and MK4 it failed to communicate with ABS and instrument cluster, engine and hvac was ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by boomfunk; 8th June, 2020 at 07:05 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to boomfunk For This Useful Post:

badrax (9th January, 2022)