Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default Repair locked VCDS STM32F405

Hi,
    I've already searched solution for bricked VCDS and I haven't solved this issue still Here exists whole topic about VCDS so I'd read it carefully. Many older versios of VCDS VIIPlus Loader are tested but unfortunately nothing had changed. VCDS device's firmware can't be changed using this loader. After update using VIIPlus loader message "Illeagal device. The device is locked!" appeared and device can't be recognized by this loader nor its firmware can be downgraded

As far as I know the only way to repair it is to change STM32F405 firmware using a USB programmer manually.
    Which firmware and USB programmer should I use to reprogram this device? Has anyone tried to do something like that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Seems like we don't have a solution right now. However, I've ordered some of these cables. And will try something, if its works. I'll share the solution.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Billyym View Post
    Seems like we don't have a solution right now. However, I've ordered some of these cables. And will try something, if its works. I'll share the solution.
    I'm still searching for solution but without success Many customers had same issue, I hope solution exists so firmware must be reprogrammed again What exactly happened in your case?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Was Badrax working on the 405? or was it the 415?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrDerv For This Useful Post:

drdahmani2 (9th June, 2023)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I think that he was working with both versions. Here are some of his posts about it which I'd read carefully. Many things are still unclear to me so I decided to send him PM.
    Does anyone exist here who was working with that except him?
    Last edited by Smart66; 8th June, 2023 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smart66 View Post
    I think that he was working with both versions. Here are some of his posts about it which I'd read carefully. Many things are still unclear to me so I decided to send him PM.
    Does anyone exist here who was working with that except him?
    I dont want to say much, as I dont want to share too much sensitive information. But Badrax, has mainly worked on the 415 cable. Because of certain components that are closer to a genuine interface. And he has made amazing progress. If you want to know more. You'd have to contact him directly. As I dont know if he is willing to share what he does know.

He is already aware of the new Viiplusloader and does know it has new added protection to it. That it due to the Viiplusloader firmware being extracted and used on other clones that can now be used without FLY being involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Billyym View Post
    I dont want to say much, as I dont want to share too much sensitive information. But Badrax, has mainly worked on the 415 cable. Because of certain components that are closer to a genuine interface. And he has made amazing progress. If you want to know more. You'd have to contact him directly. As I dont know if he is willing to share what he does know.

He is already aware of the new Viiplusloader and does know it has new added protection to it. That it due to the Viiplusloader firmware being extracted and used on other clones that can now be used without FLY being involved.
    I never understood why Fly got so angry about it. Pot calling the kettle and all that. Complains someone is ripping off his software, when he's doing the same to RossTech! Definition of the word Hypocrite

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

He's responded to my messages and said that this VCDS device could be repaired with flashing Unfortunately, I don't have proper tool and dumps for flashing. Anyonee who knows more about that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I Have experienced this issue "illegal device", I did not succeed to revive it by the stlink programmer (because it is locked to RDP2 and the debug interface is deactivated)
    there is 3 ways:
    first one is search in Digital-kaos (old thread there is posts from an excellent active gentle member : could help+++++)
    second is to change the IC (stm32f405) with new one (but need micoscopic soldering skills) and flash with the appropriate flash (again search you will find++++)
    third one is to discard and buy new one

11. The Following User Says Thank You to drdahmani2 For This Useful Post:

Smart66 (9th June, 2023)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

If I buy a new one, it might be locked again That really common case and you can see it on other forums too.
    Last edited by Smart66; 9th June, 2023 at 01:36 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Unfortunately, Badrax couldn't help me because he doesn't have proper tool for my cable. Anyone with other solution???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Unfortunately, Badrax couldn't help me because he doesn't have proper tool for my cable. Anyone with other solution???
    What Did Barax say exactly?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

He can't fix this but it doesn't mean that there is no other solution
    This is the fake FLY cable that was using my cracked FLY firmware and also the reason FLY got so mad
    But since you upgraded using 23.04 the BL was overwritten and atm I don't have any tools that can fix this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

He can't fix this but it doesn't mean that there is no other solution
    Okay now that makes sense, you weren't using a Hex v2 with flys firmware, you were using the cable that has flys firmware that was cracked by badrax. The seller should've wrote on the AD "Can't update". Badrax had already predicted this, when he said flys team will possibly change something to stop it from working.

Have you got a proper stm32f405/429 cable with legit fly firmware?

I've got a feeling on how flys team are detecting the fake firmware.

I'll speak to Badrax, and if I'm correct, I'll send him a file that should theoretically be a temporary solution for everyone. And should fix the cable with the Viiplusloader. But you want be able to upgrade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hello,

So I've spoken to Badrax, and he has confirmed, flys new Viiplusloader 08.023.04 - 08.023.05 has set in place new measures to lock out the fake fly cables.

To those who have upgraded the fake cable you are out of luck (temporarily) and will be locked out, until we can figure out how to get past the read/write protection. As the new files on Viiplusloader set RDP2.

However, Badrax is extremely busy with his own work and I would ask the community to not bother him at the moment, when he is free he will take a look. So please don't beg him or annoy him.

He has left a surprise and asked for me to share this on his behalf with the community. I take no credit for this. Even though he's really busy. He has extracted the Bootloader and firmware from the latest viiplusloader. This is for the community to look at and patch. As these files are completely unpatched. It also has a readme file.

So for those who know how to look and patch these files you are in luck.

I've uploaded via mega.

https://mega.nz/file/ZjIFDKQS#ePx5XB...igDemQsXUWIEvI

Good luck to those who jump in and take a look.

👍👍

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Billyym For This Useful Post:

AYD (11th June, 2023), bg17aw (29th October, 2023), Col19 (19th September, 2023), dmerkovic (25th September, 2023), drdahmani2 (30th September, 2023), eddieddi (18th July, 2023), ilker50 (4th November, 2023), miouser (10th June, 2023), MrDerv (10th June, 2023), Saab A Dalys LT (1st November, 2023), seal777 (25th February, 2024)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast