Got my first PS4 brand new of Amazon trough a mate whos CCard fell of the back of a lorry at one time.

After spending a few quid on Games and DLC, my PS4 went blank screen after 3 months or so. Apparently Sony had the Firmware set to 1080i or 1080p ONLY (Instead of Automatic) so if your TV wasnt compatible, it fried the HDMI chip

Anyhoo...after naffing around the Sony site, I was able to input the serial number into an app and get a barcode of Sony and addres to send it to for either repair or replacement...

3-4weeks after I sent it, with no correspondence from Sony, they finally sent me a "refurbished" replacement....

This is now powering on, blue LED lights up, then powers of again with a beep. Did all the usual tips and tricks and its deffo the PSU.

Im think ing it may be the 100uf 450v Cap thats causing it..As this seems to be a common fault in a lot of PSUs, including LCD tvs and old Sat Boxes etc...

Thing is, Ive removed the PS4 PSU, removed the housing and it looks pretty dangerous...
Sonys crappy work is soooo bad, that theres solder spilled over the top of a component and a few tracks scraped at the rear...

Point is...Has anyone fixed a PS4 PSU and how could I tell which part is cauing the PSU to power on then off. The PS4 psu is almost Identical to the PS3 version BTW...

ALSO THE PS4 controller works on the PS3 if you wire it....