DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Default Mib STD2 PQ + NAV - need help

Hi to everyone.
    Short story :
    I have a dead (water damaged) Mib Std2 PQ + Nav, part number 5C0035680D SW0363 HW H31 11/17, originally from my Car VW Sharan 2017.
    I bought another Mib Std2 PQ + Nav , part number 5C0035680G SW0468 HW H41 39/17 , new bought from dealer.
    I think the only difference between those units is that the new one supports DAB.
    Now comes the problem, after installing the new unit in car, of course Component Protection active, i went to dealer service and asked them to remove Component Protection and restore my VIN related functions.

Dealer tehnician succesfully removed CP , but never succeded to restore any of the functions. But charged me 116 Euros for trying.
    Tryed another VW workshop and same thing, they took money but din't get it working.

So now i want to activate my original functions somehow.

So far i managed to read Eeprom and Emmc from old (damaged unit) and i have read Eeprom and Emmc from new unit, and did several experiments .

1: i wrote only eeprom data from old to new unit - powered it up - Component protection active , not working.

2: i wrote only CP data from new unit eeprom to old unit eeprom - powered it up - no component protection active , no Navigation, Radio has only FM (before it had AM too), and when i press Menu one new option appeared - CarNet , ok something changed

3: i wrote whole Emmc and eeprom from old unit to new one, powered it up, no component protection active, i can see the old saved radio stations but no button works , and after 30 second the display turns off - also not working.

For now i am stuck, maybe someone has a hint or maybe somebody can help to restore those functions.

I attach connection for Emmc reading - if someone want to dump his emmc - without to desolder it from board, you can use a SD card adapter to do that.
    Note you can use only Dat0 , Cmd, Clk, Vcc and Gnd but the reading/writing will be very slow, about 24-27 minutes.
    With all 4 Data lines connected to SD card adapter the reading / writing speed increases, about 7-8 min.

I will post more detailed info how to dump the card soon, now i am in a lack of time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ollync; 16th February, 2019 at 01:21 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ollync For This Useful Post:

attilaa0 (16th February, 2019)