Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Subaru Impreza 2017 problem after dash upgraded

Hi All,
    I got bored with the old meter in my subaru and decided to upgrade it to a color version. I also plan to upgrade MFD display and add Auto AC (but that's after dealing with the meter). So, I got the meter from a higher version of the car - Region Canada (my car region North America). Due to the fact that I have VXdiag, I decided to replace the counter myself. Removing the old one and installing the new one went without a problem, synchronizing immo with subaru select monitor as well. Car started, drove normally. Only EyeSight system service errors were displayed, because my car does not have this system, and donor had it. I looked into the manuals I have for this car and it turned out that I can assign a new meter to the car - so I did, no error was displayed during the procedure. After restarting the car, I noticed that in the place of the mileage there are no numbers, but only dashes "------" - The mileage does not accrue during the trip, the odometer itself works as before. I thought it was more complicated and wanted to go back to the old meter - the procedure is the same, but this time when assigning the keys to the new meter, an error is displayed (Combination meter registration failure) and nothing can be done. So, I can't go back to the old meter nor can I drive on the current one due to lack of mileage registration. I tried to combine with settings in SSM but every time I get error "Cannont write internal data" or "Odometer is locked" Can anyone help me with that? Will copying eeprom help anything? The only programmer I have in stock is CH341A - but I don't think I can read or write eeprom in this meter with it. I'm attaching photos of both meters and rear of old meter. It seems that eeprom is rh862.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Due to attachments limit to 5. I uploaded more in this reply.
    If anyone have some idea, please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

----- means ssm disable your dashboard. It make that with old dashboard when replace to new.
    rh86 = 93C86

and some interesting video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BOq2Ezong
    Last edited by Cardiag.ru; 30th July, 2021 at 12:08 AM.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Read the eeprom data and do customizing code for your car
    sa.JPG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiag.ru View Post
    ----- means ssm disable your dashboard. It make that with old dashboard when replace to new.
    rh86 = 93C86

and some interesting video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BOq2Ezong
    Iprog pro looks interesting but it's to expensive for one time job ;s I'm looking for a way to do it with tools i already have or tills with price <100$

Quote Originally Posted by gniqu View Post
    Read the eeprom data and do customizing code for your car.
    sa.JPG
    My last eeprom read/write was many, many years ago (first pc, motherboard eeprom), so will need some help with subaru eeprom. As i mentioned - i have CH341A programmator, this will work with subaru eeprom? Would it work without desoldering?

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

No,RH66 need to pull out for reading

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gniqu For This Useful Post:

MileageAudit5 (31st July, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No,RH66 need to pull out for reading
    I ordered programator which will read RH66, unfortunately the one i already have cant do this. After i received it i will be back with eeprom file.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Gniqu . can you please share this software ? thank you
    sa.JPG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sa.JPG
    I have eeprom readed from cluster. Could you customize it for me? What info you need? Please also set mileage to 79 000km (for now mileage dont work and display "-----"), Cruise Control doesnt work on new cluster too, could you set cluster region to Nort America as orginal one? Cluster with color display isfrom Canada. My car is:
    Subaru Impreza Premium 2017 North America 5 gen, 2.0, CVT without Eysight, with TPMS, MFD is standard not color one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, i did mileage correction in my cluster :0 My old cluster part number is Black/White - 85003FL01A, Color - 85002FL07A. Mileage correction could be done by editing eeprom between line 000470 - 0004B0. Below i add some CRC for 65 000km mileage and 79 000km mileage:
    79000km:
    79kkm.png

65 000km:

65kkm.jpg
    Next thing i want to do is :
    -turn on my new cluster, because even after mileage correction there is "--------" on odometer, so in eeprom should be a line which tell cluster if it's blocked or not.
    -try to find in which line key is stored in cluster eeprom, because i need to clone it to second cluster.
    To make above things i need a dump file for these clusters: Black/White - 85003FL01A, Color - 85002FL07A - if anyone have, please share it.
    Last edited by napinaczkamil; 20th August, 2021 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello again everyone,
    I managed to get a dump file from an undamaged meter. I would now like to rewrite the immo information from the old one to the new one. I have two ripped files from the old meter. One with 1 key assigned to the meter and the other file with two keys. Does anyone know which locations correspond to the immo? files attached pdf.
    Attached Files Attached Files