Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default benefits of rooting my htc wildfire

Hi guys what would be the benefits of rooting my android htc
    i have done it before but on a sony xperia x8

its obviously the same process but is it safe on the htc wildfire and do the benefits out way the negatives?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NICETOBNICE View Post
    Hi guys what would be the benefits of rooting my android htc
    i have done it before but on a sony xperia x8

its obviously the same process but is it safe on the htc wildfire and do the benefits out way the negatives?
    the benefit is using a more uptodate version of android with a custom rom, as to whether its safe to do if you find a guide on rooting your phone and follow it you should not end up with a brick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

cheers mate
    not sure if i will now as the damn thing keeps saying no network so swapped the sim to my sony x8 this seems a common problem on the htc not sure if theres a fix

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NICETOBNICE View Post
    cheers mate
    not sure if i will now as the damn thing keeps saying no network so swapped the sim to my sony x8 this seems a common problem on the htc not sure if theres a fix
    Lots of problems on networks today m8. I have four friends using different networks with signal problems today.......To answer your initial question, I am all for rooting and the benefits always outway the risks if you follow a good guide....One big con against rooting is internet banking apps will not install on a rooted phone...Well none of the two I use will anyway.