ECU replacement on Subaru Tribeca. What is best way to do it?
Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default ECU replacement on Subaru Tribeca. What is best way to do it?

Hi all.

One of my customers want me to replace ECU on his Subaru Tribeca with second hand module. Never replace ECU on this model before, so few questions before I accept or decline this job..

1) What is proper way to program this ECU (second hand) during replacement and can Autel MaxiSys can do this job? Do I have to reprogram all keys like on other Subaru's?

2) can this ECU be cloned by reading and writing eeprom with immo data and WIN? If yes, can some one attach photo with eeprom location for this ECU?

Customer will be coming from other town, so I want to be sure I can do the job before booking it.

I replace ECU's before including Subaru Legacy's and Outback's, but never did it on Tribeca and was told they are different.

Thanks in advance

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

you can program keys with im608 ,i have done used one like that. or resynch ecus. you need avdi or im608, can not say about xtool if it is capable.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cklair For This Useful Post:

AEMan (11th April, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I have im508. I was told that WIN need to be changed manually to program keys. Is it true or im608/im508 changing win when program key automatically?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AEMan View Post
    Hi all.

One of my customers want me to replace ECU on his Subaru Tribeca with second hand module. Never replace ECU on this model before, so few questions before I accept or decline this job..

1) What is proper way to program this ECU (second hand) during replacement and can Autel MaxiSys can do this job? Do I have to reprogram all keys like on other Subaru's?

2) can this ECU be cloned by reading and writing eeprom with immo data and WIN? If yes, can some one attach photo with eeprom location for this ECU?

Customer will be coming from other town, so I want to be sure I can do the job before booking it.

I replace ECU's before including Subaru Legacy's and Outback's, but never did it on Tribeca and was told they are different.

Thanks in advance
    i did one a while back I just swapped eeprom dont remember the year.... I've cloned other like forrestor and outback but tribeca I remeber swapping eeprom ... Goodluck
    Solidarity with Ukraine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alex_r_2001 For This Useful Post:

AEMan (12th April, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alex_r_2001 View Post
    i did one a while back I just swapped eeprom dont remember the year.... I've cloned other like forrestor and outback but tribeca I remeber swapping eeprom ... Goodluck
    Do you remember by any chance what marking was on eeprom or it's number on the board?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

I dont remember markings what I do remeber is that the numbers on chip did not come back to a eeprom.. it was a denso ecu what I did was to check vcc and negative with ecu powered on to make sure the pinout seemed the same as a eeprom ....
    Solidarity with Ukraine

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alex_r_2001 For This Useful Post:

AEMan (17th April, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Customer supply wrong ECU, according to him it's only one he can found. But I have chance to play with his original ECU little bit and I think I found eeprom with immo info. Its have marking S93C56 and located on bottom side of the ECU board. His original ECU have micro crack somewhere on the board and injector No1 hot working till you bend ECU board in the middle. He send his original ECU to some company for repair. Will see what outcome will be...