Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

There are two totally separated brands: "Original Lishi Tools" is the inventor Mr. Li brand , all tools are designed and manufactured in mr. Li factory. "Genuine Li~~~~ools" is a trademark of Tradelocks , a U.K. Company which used to market mr Li tools but no longer the case. Mr. Li just announced his first ever HU39 2-in-1 at Just Cars, USA, please watch who is to copy/follow mr.Li tools, we have seen these followers/copy houses in the past, I would not be surprised if HU39 is copied again.

Quote Originally Posted by obdsystems View Post
    I have a couple with Mr Lee face - they are "true" genuine (i assume) from Apollo locks
    but then i assume Apollo locks also had old stock with his face

i think you'll find those 2in1s the best quality

BE CAREFUL where u buy from - cheap is not always best !!!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

No, tradelocks is no longer has access to Mr. Li tools, their tools are made elsewhere. Mr.Li tools are available from NWkeys, UK . Or Midwest ,HL Flake in USA.
    Last edited by jamesnz888; 10th May, 2015 at 11:16 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    627 Posts

It cracks me up how they copied Mr Lee's tools and called them "Genuine Lishi Tools".
    Seriously, what a bunch of bell ends!

It would be like FVDI calling their product "Genuine AVDI" or something similar.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallen For This Useful Post:

obdsystems (16th June, 2015)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by estate View Post
    Totalkey - thinking of buying the ones from Honrow, are they any good?
    Now when I read the posts I can't tell if it's original or not, it's got mr li face on it and it's look exactly like the one with oval lishi logo that I got 3 years ago, it's built strong and doesn't break.

I bought hu66 hu101 hu58 and hu100, all got v3 on it also ign+trunk+door

But I can't tell if is original or not
    Last edited by totalkey; 9th May, 2015 at 05:00 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Mate, you bought from tradelocks or from China? tradelocks is selling mr. Li tools on their website, is that because they believe their tool quality poor so they have to sell mr. Li tools? Or it is their another dirty trick to mark down competitors tools. Very questionable !

Quote Originally Posted by totalkey View Post
    Now when I read the posts I can't tell if it's original or not, it's got mr li face on it and it's look exactly like the one with oval lishi logo that I got 3 years ago, it's built strong and doesn't break.

I bought hu66 hu101 hu58 and hu100, all got v3 on it also ign+trunk+door

But I can't tell if is original or not

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamesnz888 View Post
    Mate, you bought from tradelocks or from China? tradelocks is selling mr. Li tools on their website, is that because they believe their tool quality poor so they have to sell mr. Li tools? Or it is their another dirty trick to mark down competitors tools. Very questionable !
    I buy from honrow in China for 24$

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    627 Posts

My understanding is that all of Mr Lee's tools now have his head on them.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

fallen, you are 100% right! All Mr. Tools now have his hologram /head on the tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    My understanding is that all of Mr Lee's tools now have his head on them.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

And I wonder how hard that is to copy?

I used my new 3in1 DTi HON58 tool yesterday, purchased from tradelocks, broke when applied a little tension, didnt even get chance to feel a wafer, this tool has mr li's head on it, and a serial number to 'register' it.

TL will be having this back.

I have had tools from honrow, all ok, my best and longest in use tools are from apollo.

ninja
    Last edited by ninja123; 10th May, 2015 at 06:04 PM.
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!
    NEVER SAY IT CANT BE DONE!!
    The thanks button works wonders!!
    DONT SEND ME PM'S ASKING FOR OTHER MEMBERS WORK OR PASSWORDS

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ninja123 For This Useful Post:

totalkey (10th May, 2015)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

I thought Tradelocks only came as " Genuine Lishi " not with Mr Li head?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

all 3in1 tools should have the GL logo on them and not the li logo , im pretty sure there isnt an ignition tool with li head on , so somethings not right as all production of this tool should be their own .

i know they have a load of tools with li head on , but im fairly sure all are 2in1 only , all these are original li tools and sold by them as such at ?19.99 .

ninja if it has a serial number on it , then it should be covered by their guarantee , so get it sent back to them , send me a picture mate , i can tell you if its a 2in1 or 3in1 from photo .

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Estate, Tradelock is selling Mr. Li tools on their website as "for Hobbyist" while promoting their own tools as "for professional", it is a questionable practice although Mr. Li tools have been regarded as the best quality tools around.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Up to today Mr. Li tools do NOT have any serial number printed on the tools, the one you bought should NOT be from Mr.Li. Why should Tradelock be selling his competitors' tools on his own website and mark down them as for "Hobbyist" while promoting their tools as "for professional" on the same page ? it seems to me a war of ~~~~.

There are many copy house copying Mr.Li tools and sell to the rest of world, I question the source of Tradelock's Mr Li tools if these tools do have serial number on it as Ninja mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja123 View Post
    And I wonder how hard that is to copy?

I used my new 3in1 DTi HON58 tool yesterday, purchased from tradelocks, broke when applied a little tension, didnt even get chance to feel a wafer, this tool has mr li's head on it, and a serial number to 'register' it.

TL will be having this back.

I have had tools from honrow, all ok, my best and longest in use tools are from apollo.

ninja

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Thanks Martin, Can you please shed me some light over why Tradelock is selling Mr. Li tools on their own website as for "Hobbyist" while promoting their own as for "professional", we all know Tradelocks owns "Genuine Lishi" brand while "Original Mr. Li" tools is owned by Mr. Li.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlocksmiths View Post
    all 3in1 tools should have the GL logo on them and not the li logo , im pretty sure there isnt an ignition tool with li head on , so somethings not right as all production of this tool should be their own .

i know they have a load of tools with li head on , but im fairly sure all are 2in1 only , all these are original li tools and sold by them as such at ?19.99 .

ninja if it has a serial number on it , then it should be covered by their guarantee , so get it sent back to them , send me a picture mate , i can tell you if its a 2in1 or 3in1 from photo .

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

James

all of tradelocks 2in1 sold as li tools are original li tools , some are purchased from mr li's factory and some were purchased from some of your usa distributors who swapped them out for 3in1 , this much i do know .

I have spoken to uap on this subject via email , it turns out the web pages you refer to are just over 1 year old , they were dormant and not visable for the past 9 months , until friday when events inspired them to again offer their stock of these tools . They state that these pages were dormant and they thought unreachable , but despite being dormant a number of pages were indexed by google so still obtainable , these are not new pages but quite old pages you stumbled upon , pages they used to sell stock they had swapped out from distributors reverting to their 3in1 tools.

i can assure you that all tools sold by tradelocks as original li tools are exactly as described , alot of their GL 2in1 stock is also old stock from mr li , and im told alot of stock is still bought from mr li factory via an agent in china , in the uk james there are consumer laws that mean it is ilegal to sell something if it is not as described , if they sold a counterfiet product as genuine , in the uk they would be prosecuted , so if they advertise these as original li tools then under law here that is what they must be and will be , and if advertised at ?19.99 they must also honour this price . You can also guarantee that they will have all necessary proofs to prove to such authorities where and when they were purchased and their providence .

We all know that mr li tools can be bought from the china resellers , just as many here buy their own tools cheap from these resellers , so can any potential distributor and the more they buy the cheaper they get them .

it was great meeting you and mr li again last week , well you know that i was happy to see him so well , and you know my thoughts and respect for him is genuine , i had hoped that after you and david had spoken , the sillyness of the past had stopped between you both and you had both turned a corner , maybe you would have been better served communicating with them direct for answers .

this is not a matter that concerns me , this is between you and them , so please pass my best wishes to mr li and tell him how pleased i was to have met him and spent some time with him again and i also enjoyed the short time you and i spent together too , this was too long in happening , but im pleased it did .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 11th May, 2015 at 12:25 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

Fallen (11th May, 2015)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast