Register
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Her you go mate MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service this set up and both these nands are working. They both connect via wifi once configured for your router but I haven't been able to get online play with them. I have only tried them on fifa 11 but cannot connect to ea servers. Once I kick the little one of the wii I will try mw3 online

Can you upload file to another server due megaupload small problems. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks a lot.!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SANTIALCALA View Post
    Can you upload file to another server due megaupload small problems. Thanks in advance.
    Sorry m8 those nands are long gone. Just use modmii to set up some new ones for yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is "Neek2o Setup and installation guide" applicable to newer version 6.2.3 of ModMii or does it need some modifications in the given steps?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackvaio View Post
    Is "Neek2o Setup and installation guide" applicable to newer version 6.2.3 of ModMii or does it need some modifications in the given steps?
    If you still have the option to set up sneek then yes. I haven't used modmii for a while so it may have changed slightly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

neek2o was working fine for me for weeks until it randomly started to black screen whenever i tried booting it through system menu or a game through wiiflow. i think it was because i tried configuring it to work w/ post loader. now it just goes black screen and my drive flashing repeatedly? anyone know what could be the problem? edit: nand wont show in showmiinands so its prolly corrupted somehow :/
    Last edited by ntpsq; 27th January, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

What nand won't show. ... your true nand or your neek2o nand. If it's the one you you built for neek2o just build another one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation so confused

ok lets see if i can type this and it all make sense. ive installed neek2o following your guide 5 times now and everytime no matter what nand i use or how many times i rebuild everything with modmii it simply wont work and idk why. ive tried copying my shared2 folder and the .sys file from my true nand but no success. i have a game in my wbfs folder and have formatted my usb and sd in fat 32 with 32 cluster size. regardless of what i do as soon as i get to the health warning screen i go to push a and it freezes and ive let it sit for long amounts of time to account for first boot slowness. please help for i am clueless as to why this isnt working.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Most likely the hdd is not compatible. ...I have stated it is very picky as to what it will work on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,,, and thanks for the guide etc

Ive got emu-nand working, but everytime i switch on it boots to the bootmii screen (so i just press "reset" on wii and it starts up.
    I re-modded from scratch with Modmii and installed as Boot2 and IOS.
    Is it just a matter of sorting out my bootmii on the SD.
    Just dont want to rename the wrong folder etc.

Im also trying to get the Rockband Dlc working in the Emu-nand.
    Got all games on 1st FAT32 partition and back up of original iso of Rockband and GHWor on 2nd NTFS partition as well.
    Not sure what to do next as the guides all refer to emu nand from scratch but i used Modmii..
    any clues?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Default Re: Neek2o Setup and installation guide

Your wii is going Stair to bootmii screen because the folder on the sd is still called bootmii. Rename it to bootmii1 and it will stop doing it or just remove it altogether. How are you trying to load rockband. As you shouldn't be trying to load through wiiflow type loader but straight from neek2o screen. The only way to get dlc to work is to download it onto a real nand then pull it off using show me nand and manually install it into emu nand with show me nand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you......and yes still had Bootmii and Bootmiisneek ...so renamed Bootmii to BootmiiA
    and Bootmiisneek to Bootmii...all fine now.

Thanks for the other instructions....will give it a go. Makes perfect sense even to a dunderhead like me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, I just installed neek2o according to the instruction on this thread. I use a 16GB Toshiba USB flash and formatted to FAT32 with 32Kb clusters.
    everything goes well except when I start the neek2o it flashes back to wii menu, anybody can help please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default neek2o

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Ok here goes then..Same as usual READ EVERYTHING.

List of requirements...

1. External hard drive must be formatted to fat32 with 32kb clusters. If your hdd has multiple partitions you MUST use the FIRST partition.

2. SD card 16mb is enough or bigger if you prefer but no bigger than 2gb and not sdhc. formatted to fat or fat32.

3. Modmii version 4.7.6 or higher.

4. Patience...Do not try to rush this it doesn't take long.

1. HDD preparation....If like a lot of us your wii has been modded for a whiile then your hdd will be formatted to wbfs, this will need to be changed to fat32 but you don't want to lose or transfer all your backups.....Try this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...2-ntfs-229900/.
    This has been reported as not working for everybody so if you have time transfer the games then convert to fat32 and move them back.
    The next problem you may come across is that your pc is windows xp and can only format 32gb as fat32 you will need to use this program EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com.............WARNING MAKE SURE YOU FORMAT THE CORRECT DRIVE/PARTITION You only have yourself to blame if you lose any data.

2. SD card preperation. Insert sd card into pc go to my computer and right click sdcard. select format from dropdown and pick either fat or fat32.

3. Grab modmii from ModMii5.0.0.zip - modmii - ModMii v5.0.0 - ModMii - Google Project Hosting

4. You are now ready to go.

Launch modmii on pc I won't go through the first instruction cause if you can't follow that bit you have no right trying to go any further.

Select "S"
    Select "3"
    You now have a choice if you want to load your backup games from usb hdd then choose UNEEK+DI "UD" (this is the method we will be using as it suits most people).
    If you store your backup games and wiiware on sd then choose SNEEK/SNEEK=DI "S/SD"

Now select "D" this will copy the required sd files (required for all setups) to the modmii folder on your pc.
    Now select "D" again this will copy the hdd files to the modmii folder.

Select the region you wish to build a nand for. I would recommend you use a nand region the same as your original. If you have backups from different regions you can build another nand later. But I'm sure most of your backups are in the original region of your wii.
    "U" USA
    "E" EUROPE PAL
    "J" JAPAN
    "K" KOREAN

You now have a choice of wii versions I suggest "4.3"

Now select "Y" to have the homebrew filter channel

Now select "Y" for cios 249 rev 14 (required for some apps and wiiware)

Now select whether or not you require NMM. If you use gamecube games select "Y" if not and have no intention of using them select "N"

Now select "Y" to install priloader to emu nand

Now select "Y" for emu compatible usb loader joyflow (wiiflow based)

Now select your emu nand theme (optional)

Now select what channels you want on emu nand (optional)

Now select "Y" to buid your nand and file structure folders.

You will get a popup box saying you are now complete..Just leave it where it is and wait 3 or 4 mins and in the main modmii window it will say at the bottom complete press any key to return to main menu.

That's it you are now ready to transfer the folders from the modmii folder on your pc to the relevant places..

Copy the contents of the COPY TO SD folder to the sd and copy the contents of the COPY TO USB to the hdd you prepared in Section 1.

YOU MUST HAVE A BACKUP GAME ON YOUR FAT32 PARTITION FOR NEEK2O TO LOAD

Use Digital Kaos - Downloads - Wii backup manager 0.4.0 build 65 to transfer any iso game files you may have saved on your pc to your fat32 partition. This will create a wbfs folder and install the backups into it in .wbfs format.

Plug the hdd into the wii and put the sd card into the wii (both prepared earlier)

Launch HBC then select mmm and navigate to wad manager, press "a" to load from sd then navigate to wad and install neek2o channel wad.

Go back to wii system menu and select neek2o as you would any other usb loader. This will launch your emu nand and may take a bit of time on first boot.
    YOU WILL NEED TO SYNC YOUR WIIMOTE WITH THE EMU NAND
    I would recommend a temp sync with home button if the emu nand is not going to be used as your primary nand. Or you will need to re sync to your real nand.
    To return to your true nand and wii system launch the neek2o channel in your emu nand setup. This will reload the original system menu.

That's you all done.

Follow the instructions and you will have no problems but if you get stuck just shout up.

It has been reported that wifi is not very stable so this setup may not be ideal for your online play just yet. Not to much of a problem as this launches just like a usb loader.
    Wifi will work perfectly if you have used your own wii's serial number in the nand of the same region by copying the "shared 2" folder from an original nand backup dump that had a working wifi connection but the password for wifi must still be the same so it was on the nand backup. Easiest way to be sure is to do a nand backup then dump the nand to copy the folder needed. Don't forget to delete the nandscfg file from the sneek folder in the hdd or changes to your nands folder will not be recognized.

Edit................whenever adding or removing games from the fat32 partition you must also delete the diconfig file from the sneek folder or the new games will not be recognised same goes the opposite way deleted games will stay on the list....Neek2o will create a new diconfig file when launched

Hi,
    I know this thread is old but I'm having problems with neek2o
    I folowwed all steps and installed neek2o, I use a 216 GB USB flash drive for my games and it's formatted to FAT32 with 32 Kb clusters.
    when I start the neek2o from wii menu it just flashes back after a while to wii menu again would you please help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Welcome to DK SIATHEPIRATE.

SIATHEPIRATE;2047269]Hi,
    I know this thread is old but I'm having problems with neek2o
    I folowwed all steps and installed neek2o, I use a 216 GB USB flash drive for my games and it's formatted to FAT32 with 32 Kb clusters.
    when I start the neek2o from wii menu it just flashes back after a while to wii menu again would you please help
    I don't use neeko2 but just so we know whats installed on your system please post a sysCheck19 report as instructed in that link.

That seems a bit extravagant a 216GB flash drive when you can pickup larger USB hard drives at a fraction of the cost.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)