Can you really watch any tv channel on apple tv
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Can you really watch any tv channel on apple tv

Just been told by my mate that you can watch any tv channel in the world with apple tv if it's jail broken ie sky sky sports and fox in the USA all for free
    Being a satellite guy I know nothing about apple tv so can someone tell me if this is true and if so which generation do I need to buy to be able to do this

Cheers Gibbo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

suppose you could if you can find a stream the apple could play... a laggy, blocky stream....
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gibbo74 View Post
    Just been told by my mate that you can watch any tv channel in the world with apple tv if it's jail broken ie sky sky sports and fox in the USA all for free
    Being a satellite guy I know nothing about apple tv so can someone tell me if this is true and if so which generation do I need to buy to be able to do this

Cheers Gibbo
    Youll get a fair bit of content on the ATV2 if jailbroken....more movies and tv episodes that you can shake a stick at....sports streams/live tv etc.
    youll need a half decent internet speed ans download limit tho as youll be streaming the content.
    Check out youtube for more info on it or XBMCHub or here
    Freck
    Last edited by freck; 4th April, 2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: addition

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    suppose you could if you can find a stream the apple could play... a laggy, blocky stream....
    gotta disagree ive had many quality streams through atv2, ideal for football but not really much else. icefilms for example is gash!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Icefilms just got shit after megaupload was taken down and now Rapidshare is not being supported through the plugin due to there new anti piracy manifesto making it even more gash.

You can more or less get any channel on the ATV but like mentioned only if you can find the streams to be able to play the channels you want, use xbmc with the NaviX script or plugin as that seems to work well with a lot of live channels, ive even seen all the sky movies channels, sky sports, syfi etc aswell as espn and many other live HD and SD channels that are either ppv or subscription only on NaviX some with great picture quality and some with shit quality some of the streams work for a short time then stop working so in all honesty it's a hit or a miss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dolanm56 View Post
    Icefilms just got shit after megaupload was taken down and now Rapidshare is not being supported through the plugin due to there new anti piracy manifesto making it even more gash.

You can more or less get any channel on the ATV but like mentioned only if you can find the streams to be able to play the channels you want, use xbmc with the NaviX script or plugin as that seems to work well with a lot of live channels, ive even seen all the sky movies channels, sky sports, syfi etc aswell as espn and many other live HD and SD channels that are either ppv or subscription only on NaviX some with great picture quality and some with shit quality some of the streams work for a short time then stop working so in all honesty it's a hit or a miss.
    you should look into project free tv add on, quality streams for movies t v shows better than icefilms ever was

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevieboy10 View Post
    you should look into project free tv add on, quality streams for movies t v shows better than icefilms ever was

I use the Project free tv plugin bud but i find half the movies ive tried to play dont have links, Icefilms used to be the daddy of plugins for xbmc at least before they took down MU the streams were fast and it was always updated with the newest content from tv shows and films.

Plugins im currently using now or still have installed on the ATV are NaviX, Project free tv, Icefilms, Real Hulu with a real debrid account but it really isn't that great to be honest, 1Channel, Tube Plus, Crackle2, 4oD, Demand 5 and bluecops Free Cable plugin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

surely the footie streams are the same as those you get through various websites on a pc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by colin mckenzie View Post
    surely the footie streams are the same as those you get through various websites on a pc?
    More or less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hve been playing with apple tv, I found that is the best media stream ever, compare to others, with XBMC u can watch latest movies upload by users many with HD, with itunes US u can log in to HuluPlus, Netflix is the best, if u have good speed internet u can stream online sports channel. Icefilms stream movies for free....thus to me its the best....but remember u have to Jailbreak the unit before u can watch those. You have to pay for HuluPlus and Netflix...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not sure how good the quality is, I imagine its similar quality as netflix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if this is what you're after but Google playon
    You can add scripts or plugins as you want them.And stream them to your tv from xbox playstation and even old stb boxes.They even have a developer program where you can make your own .hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Can you really watch any tv channel on apple tv

Get a Raspberry pi ?30 and install XBMC on it and away you go.