Spoofed Drives
Register

Thread: Spoofed Drives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Spoofed Drives

I have a sammy drive that will not play ap25 games (play DVD->white screen). This drive was installed as a replacement for a faulty liteon a few months ago.

I have read that spoofed drives can now be detected, so I take it any boxes with spoofed drives cannot be used to play ap25 games? Is the answer to fit a new liteon flashed with the original key and LT+ fw?

Any help appreciated - thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by felix11 View Post
    I have a sammy drive that will not play ap25 games (play DVD->white screen). This drive was installed as a replacement for a faulty liteon a few months ago.

I have read that spoofed drives can now be detected, so I take it any boxes with spoofed drives cannot be used to play ap25 games? Is the answer to fit a new liteon flashed with the original key and LT+ fw?

Any help appreciated - thanks.
    If you wont be going online you can spoof another drive. If your going to be going online you will already be flagged because you already have a spoofed drive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martiboy View Post
    If you wont be going online you can spoof another drive. If your going to be going online you will already be flagged because you already have a spoofed drive.
    Thanks - but that wasn't my question. What I was asking was confirmation that replacing the spoofed sammy drive with a new liteon (the original drive in the box was a liteon) flashed with the original key etc will allow playing of new ap25 games. As the sammy will not play them on or offline (because it is spoofed as a liteon).

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thanks - but that wasn't my question. What I was asking was confirmation that replacing the spoofed sammy drive with a new liteon (the original drive in the box was a liteon) flashed with the original key etc will allow playing of new ap25 games. As the sammy will not play them on or offline (because it is spoofed as a liteon).
    Easiest thing to do is buy a new liteon drive, and just inject your key into the drive with LT+.

You can get drives cheap from:

Code:
    www.jackofallgames.co.uk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah that should work so long as the models match.

You can reverse spoof, that is to say my friends got a Hitachi box and the Hitachi drive is goosed, he's spoofed a Liteon to resemble the Hitachi as a replacement and can play fine.

Because the unit thinks there's supposed to be a Hitachi it doesn't pass the ap2.5 check to the dvd drive.

In your situation your unit thinks there's supposed to be a Liteon and will pass checks but the Hitachi drive wont know WFF to do with the ap2.5 calls and inevitably shits the bed.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest.