Register
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mactattie View Post
    I've now installed the d2x-v7 cios pack and run neek2o after installing the wad. Getting a bit further in that there is now continuous activity showing on my usb where previously flashed for a few seconds and nothing.
    Roughly how long should the initial load of neek2o take?
    What are you getting on the screen. If it is a black screen then there is a good chance the hdd is plugged into the wrong usb port or wrong file structure on the fat 32 partition which must be the first partition on the hdd or it will not be recognized. The initial boot is only a few seconds. the d2x pack is of no use to you for neek2o, cios are not required under full emulation the games load from the original wii ios, hence the excellent game compatability. Make sure the fat partition is the first on the drive and that the file structure is correct, if in any doubt download the setup from the post above yours and try that then if you want to use a different nand you can either use your own or create another one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DL-ing your setup now, but my family is demanding some attention, so it will be a couple of hours before I can try this. I'll report back later.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hilhorst View Post
    If I understand correctly neek2o is mainly a way to start sneek or uneek from a channel instead of always starting it at boot, right? The channel you install from the neek2o wad, is that an actual channel, or is it a forwarder to a homebrew app on the SD?

So, except for installing the channel wad, will the rest of the files be the same as for a normal sneek(+di) or uneek(+di) setup but with neek2o support in kernel.bin and the nands in a folder named "nands"?

Loading games from USB is done by the DI part, right? So is that where the problem is? I chose uneek+di in ModMii and I checked and di.bin is in usb:\SNEEK\di.bin.

I also tried an usbstick instead of my harddrive, because I read somewhere that neek2o can be kind of picky about what harddrives it will work with. Didn't solve a thing, though.

I tried ModMii 4.7.2, 4.8.0 and 4.8.2. All to no avail.

I would love to give your setup a try.
    You understand it perfectly so if you have a nand that you used for sneek previously it will work for neek2o, and yes the neek2o channel is a forwarder which still can only look to sd which is why the sd card still needs to be plugged in. The setup I put on is a mixture of files from modmii 4.8.0 and 4.8.2 they don't conflict but I couldn't get anything to work when compiling from the latest modmii hence adding the older working setup to the folders

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

DL-ing your setup now, but my family is demanding some attention, so it will be a couple of hours before I can try this. I'll report back later.
    No problem mate but I'll lay bets on it that you will become non existant once the younger ones have tin tin to play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    What are you getting on the screen. If it is a black screen then there is a good chance the hdd is plugged into the wrong usb port or wrong file structure on the fat 32 partition which must be the first partition on the hdd or it will not be recognized. The initial boot is only a few seconds. the d2x pack is of no use to you for neek2o, cios are not required under full emulation the games load from the original wii ios, hence the excellent game compatability. Make sure the fat partition is the first on the drive and that the file structure is correct, if in any doubt download the setup from the post above yours and try that then if you want to use a different nand you can either use your own or create another one
    I briefly got a message saying 'Loading - please wait', then just the black screen. With the wii flat, the usb is plugged into the lower port.
    I'm in the process of backing up the games to another usb and will reformat the one for the wii ensuring the cluster is correct.
    When I load the neek2o wad, should I be selecting a particular ios?
    Many thanks for all your help so far, I just hope I've not missed a crucial part of the process!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

I briefly got a message saying 'Loading - please wait', then just the black screen.
    Thats the message it showed when I ran Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 you have to change the IOS to run using 250 in the Settings.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I briefly got a message saying 'Loading - please wait', then just the black screen. With the wii flat, the usb is plugged into the lower port.
    I'm in the process of backing up the games to another usb and will reformat the one for the wii ensuring the cluster is correct.
    When I load the neek2o wad, should I be selecting a particular ios?
    Many thanks for all your help so far, I just hope I've not missed a crucial part of the process!
    neek2o is not recognising the hdd or file structure on the hdd or the partition position is wrong. The wad is just a forwarder if you can see it on the menu as a channel it is working..the neek2o channel looks at the sd which then in turn points it at the hdd and emu nand. Just make sure you have the correct file structure or just use this Digital Kaos - Downloads - Neek2o without nands I have put together an sd setup and usb (hdd) setup that is working you will have to use the nands youalready have but this will give you the correct folders to point everything where it should be pointing

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Thats the message it showed when I ran Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 you have to change the IOS to run using 250 in the Settings.
    neek2o doesn't use cios keith it loads everything form the wii's original ios you don't have to change anything. Once it is setup properly all games behave as though they are original discs. With the exception of online play but i'm working on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Well he didn't say which game he was using HH only the screen which was the same as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on mine.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Well he didn't say which game he was using HH only the screen which was the same as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on mine.
    It's not the game that is giving the black screen it's when he tries to launch his emu nand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You understand it perfectly so if you have a nand that you used for sneek previously it will work for neek2o, and yes the neek2o channel is a forwarder which still can only look to sd which is why the sd card still needs to be plugged in. The setup I put on is a mixture of files from modmii 4.8.0 and 4.8.2 they don't conflict but I couldn't get anything to work when compiling from the latest modmii hence adding the older working setup to the folders
    I tried your setup, but the result is still the same. It still won't read the disk from within the uneek emulated nand.

Is there a particular IOS you have to use when starting neek2o? I read something about neek2o and cios not playing nice together. Can this maybe be the source of my problem?

I just installed the D2X v7 cios pack. Does the neek2o channel forward to neekbooter.dol and if so, is there a way to run this under one of the IOSes from D2X v7. Doe that even make sense and could that even make a difference?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I tried your setup, but the result is still the same. It still won't read the disk from within the uneek emulated nand.

Is there a particular IOS you have to use when starting neek2o? I read something about neek2o and cios not playing nice together. Can this maybe be the source of my problem?

I just installed the D2X v7 cios pack. Does the neek2o channel forward to neekbooter.dol and if so, is there a way to run this under one of the IOSes from D2X v7. Doe that even make sense and could that even make a difference?
    You don't start neek2o with an ios. I have my forwarder installed by reloading mmm to ios 236. If it is not reading from those folders then it is not recognizing the hdd. You definately have your fat 32 as the first primary and active partition and definately have at least one .wbfs game file on it within a wbfs folder. Remember neek2o will not start if there is no game on the partition. Sorry if I'm going over old ground, I can't remember what you have already tried

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not the game that is giving the black screen it's when he tries to launch his emu nand
    HH, have followed your neek2o setup guide, however the screen goes blank on clicking nee2o channel. On clicking the neek2o channel, it shows Press A to continue and then it goes blank, HH will need you help..
    Last edited by priyankk; 18th December, 2011 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You don't start neek2o with an ios. I have my forwarder installed by reloading mmm to ios 236. If it is not reading from those folders then it is not recognizing the hdd. You definately have your fat 32 as the first primary and active partition and definately have at least one .wbfs game file on it within a wbfs folder. Remember neek2o will not start if there is no game on the partition. Sorry if I'm going over old ground, I can't remember what you have already tried
    I can start neek2o just fine. I can switch from us to eu and back to the actual nand. It's just when I'm inside the neek2o emulated nand that it refuses to load anything from the HDD. Not from the neek2o menu (it gives an error that it can't read the disc, but the system keeps working), not from JoyMii (says its not a Wii or GC game and freezes) and not from PostLoader (does an illegible stackdump, Exception (DSI) and freezes).

So I'm not having a problem with neek2o per se. At the point where I'm loading the game within the emulated nand it's more a +DI thing than a sneek/uneek/neek2o thing, right? I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that it was a problem with starting neek2o.

I'm reformatting the disk to be 100% sure it's FAT32 with 32k clusters, but I'm pretty sure that if that were the problem, it would have worked from my usb-stick. After that I'm out of ideas.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

It has got to be the hdd. The main issue some folks have been having is that the hdd is slow to start up and neek2o had finished it's checks before the hdd kicks in. There is a workaround by aging a delay into the code in the neek kernel (I think) but it requires adding a new string and the use of a hex editor. Check your pm

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast