Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am trying to connect my dreambox to the internet and I have followed this guide but I get a problem when doing the settings on the dreambox. I set the gateway as the router ip and save it, if I tick dhcp on and save the settings the gateway reverts back to the default setting (127.0.0.1) afterwards, I must be doing something wrong, any ideas anyone?
    thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default modem

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    Making Your Dreambox Wireless

There seems to be an ever increasing want to connect your dreambox to the internet. New images are being created with Addon menus which allow you to download plugins, emu, games, etc. direct to your dreambox. Your dreambox just needs to be connect to the internet!

Via Router

This is by far the easiest method of connecting it to the internet.

First of all, we'll assume that you can already connect to your box via FTP via a crossover cable. If you can't, you might want to read up on that before attempting this.

Now, what we'll need is...

• Ethernet cable (crossover or patch)
    • Router
    • Modem
    We'll also assume that you have a router (wireless or not) and that your modem is connected to the 'Internet' or 'WAN' port.

If you have a free port on your wireless router, you can connect your dreambox to this. Use the ethernet cable (crossover or patch, most modern routers will accept either) connect one end to your dreambox and one end to a free port on your router. You don't need to change any settings on your router or PC.

Over to the dreambox. Navigate to the networking page on your dreambox.

Setup -> Expert Setup -> Communication Setup

There is a section in this page called 'Default Gateway'. You need to put the ip address of your router in there. It's usually 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 (depending on the manufacturer). You can find out my opening your browser and typing one of the ip addresses in to the address bar. If you are presented with the router config page or a box asking for a username and password, this is the ip address for your router.

If you have enabled DHCP support on your router, all you have to do it tick the DHCP box in this page, save settings, reboot box and that's that. The router will automatically assign the dreambox an ip address and it's now connected to the internet.

If you don't have DHCP enabled, you will need to assign a static ip address to the dreambox manually. This needs to be in the same subnet as your router ip address. The subnet is the first 3 ranges of the ip address, i.e. 192.168.1.*. Make the last range anything between 2-254 as long as another PC or laptop on your network doesn't have that ip address. Each device must have it's own ip address. Save settings and reboot box and you should be connected.

Via Wireless

There are devices which can make any ethernet equipped device into a wireless device. They are called a 'Wireless Ethernet Bridge' or a 'Wireless Gaming Adapter'. The settings on the dreambox are exactly the same as if you're using a router on it's own. The gateway to the internet is still via your wireless router so the router ip address needs to go into the 'Default Gateway' section. You're best getting these devices on Ebay or at a website like broadbandstuff.co.uk. You will need to follow the instructions that come with the device to connect it to your own network.

Via Modem

If you have a spare modem lying about, clone or original, you can use this to connect directly to the internet without any wireless devices or routers.

First of all, you will need to connect a PC or laptop to the modem to find out it's ip address. This ip address goes into the 'Default Gateway' section of the network settings page on your dreambox. Also enable DHCP on your dreambox. This is all that's needed.

So, now you have no excuse to get your dreambox connected to the internet. There are loads of great plugins out there that could enhance your dreambox experience. Some examples include an RSS Newsreader (for viewing RSS feeds from your favourite website or even the forum if the RSS option is enabled, DreamNetCast Internet Radio (listen to your favourite internet radio station) or Dream Weather X (gives you access to weather information).

I hope this has helped you and good luck!
    I am thinking about getting a dreambox and I have an old adsl modem, How exactly would I connect this? I have a router which is wired into the PC . Thanks donmac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default can t get intetnet on db500s

error connection to server is refused plz check your network settings.....i have a wireless router .pc is ok with internet with no cable just wirelessly. can db have internet wirelessly (with no cable connected between db and router ) thanks for help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi iv got the dreambox dm500c and i carnt get any of the channls apart fromm 1 2 3 4 &5 any help will be gratfull thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b0b69 View Post
    nice thanks again ...5 posts ya say =) i think thats 5 now
    I think you should have read your welcome email and the rules. but you obviously need some help on how to post etc so please read this nice guide.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ul-tips-30279/

The Falkirk Wheel. The only rotating boat lift of its kind in the world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks just having problems with router and wifi but i think its sorted now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks got everything up and running..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks this was very clear to understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

devilfish thanx for helpin me getting that bit closer to gettin mine setup buddy.regards hmc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default keu finder

proxy for usa good for music dload
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caveman_nige View Post
    in this case you will need to get an ethernet crossover cable and read up on ICS (internet connection sharing)...

Look here:

How to configure Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP

you can buy a cheap router for about ?30 though, far easier... honestly, you will thank yourself for it later..
    Hi is there a router you could recommend. I have a usb mobile broadband dongle Id like to use with my dreambox

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    back from 3 weeks holiday and could not find any channels I used to have.
    "switch SERVICE COULD NOT BE FOUND" on all channels.

I factory reset then I automatic trasponder scan from Cambridge (even if I live in Glasgow as I could not find any data in the 2 Glasgow options) and now I have many channels on the infobars but most of them are encrypted (little blue key on the left hand side). I would like to watch again espn and all sky sports channels as before.

I connected dreambox to my laptop by router. I am able to ping the drambox. I updated the software.

but still cannot see the encrypted channels.

May I need a new image? flashing? if yes can you give me some tips as I am new and I don't have a clue at all. thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default dm500c v kryptview a780

was wondering if it is possibile to use the dm 500c in the same way as the kryptview a780? if it is possible are there any guies on how to go about it...thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Using the Dreambox wirelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by caveman_nige View Post
    yes mate, but its easier if you use a router between the dm and your lappy
    I am not familiar with DM600 as I asm using DM800 which has 2 USB port at the back. ALso the Gemini 5.1 image comes with X-modem plugin and also support WLAN (only the one with RA-Link RT73 and Zyda ZD1211 chips).

I have been surfing the internet using TP-Link TP-WN321G WLAN connected directly to the USB port for quite sometime now.

However, in spite of the Gemini 5.1 x-modem plugin which support the old 56K modem (no problem to get it to work too) and EDGE/GPRS/3G aircard/modem, I am unable to get DM800 USB port to work with the 3G Aircard.

There are several settings for port (eg for serial, usb, acm, etc) but none of them will dial out..and always show " Dialing FAILED.

In conclusion: Both DM800 and DM500 will recognized the modem that connect to the RS-232 serial port. But up to todate, I cannot configure the DM800 USB port to work with USB modem/aircard.

Any advice on the DM800+aircard setting would be deeply appreciated.

Suthipuntha,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tried using this guide to connect the DM500C to the Internet; everything seems to work fine, ie DHCP is ticked; when I go to the router's admin page, I can see thE Dm500 being assigned an IP.

Only problem is, I was trying to click on Software management > Download Latest Menu, and I get an error box saying that it was trying to connect to downloads.pli-images.org [127.0.0.0] and then "server is down or you have no internet connection".

Where did I go wrong? It seems from the error message that the DM500C cannot resolve the IP address for downloads.pli-images.org and hence resolved back to localhost 127.0.0.0. How do I solve this problem?

Nameserver is set to the router's ip automatically by the router when DHCP is ticked.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast