How can i Upgrade my Cable with this?

I have absolutly no idea...

Thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Check first if your cable has Atmega, because we have no ideea how your cable looks like...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there. Im new to this forum and need a little help. I have a VAG 12.12 cable with VID_0403 & PID_FA24. If i run a fresh install of VCDS with cable plugged in, it says valid/registered. As soon as I plug into car it goes to Unregistered.
    In device manager it says Ross-tech direct USB interface and not the FFFFFFFFFF that ive read before. Im guessing the cable has been fried and was wondering the best way to go? Ive read posts before about flashing Eprom etc but cant seem to find a defined step by step method including which software to use for flashing. I am good with computers but just a little lost in the process. Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am in much the same situation, My clone Atmega (sp) CPU Chinese 12.12 clone becomes unregistered when i try to connect to the car. Is it simply a case of loading this new software and the interface will update itself? Or am i missing a step?
    Last edited by Byzan A4; 30th December, 2016 at 02:11 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

WHY, just buy original from ross tech. #300 of the queens pound, fee updates for life with full support WHY WHY WHY.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    I am in much the same situation, My clone Atmega (sp) CPU Chinese 12.12 clone becomes unregistered when i try to connect to the car. Is it simply a case of loading this new software and the interface will update itself? Or am i missing a step?
    You are missing more than one step..take some time to read from the first page and search for a Tutorial (pdf).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ah ok, so i need to find a PC with a working LPT port, I was hoping it'd flash over USB

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

You can do that via usb, but it is necesary avr programmer- much easy to use.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alexm1 For This Useful Post:

Byzan A4 (3rd January, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hello.
    Here are flash dumps for latest VAG-COM original + flash dump of China clone FW 1.96 with protection chip. All firmwares are disassembled. It's quite easy to decrypt HCC196.bin (old 512 byte bootlader) from install directory. I'm working on other tools such as FLASH and EEPROM dumper via USB, so it can be read even with fuse bits set.
    BTW according to FW source code - fuse bits are not read by firmware itself, so it doesn't care if the fuse bits are set or not.

HCC196.bin is for old HW type (0x44) with PORTA.2 and PORTA.3 connected to GAL
    HP196.bin is for new HW type (0x46) - not decryptable yet (no public). May be this type is used in China clone. CN Clone dump is not the same as HCC196.bin.

As I know - protection chip doesn't protect ATMega (according to schematic I don't know how it can protect it) but is used as a "key" for cracked VCDS distributed with VAG-COM. It communicates with VCDS loader through RTS/CTS pins of FTDI. If VCDS loader finds the protection chip, it then unlocks communication with ATMega, creates d1-d3 files and starts VCDS.

Flash1.92.zip
    Flash1.93.zip
    Flash1.94.zip
    Flash1.96.zip
    Flash1.96_CN_Clone.zip

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to engycz For This Useful Post:

basha318i (31st January, 2017), Col19 (13th November, 2019), ghicicine (28th January, 2017), hotkar (13th March, 2017), humphrey (27th November, 2018), liviudiaconu (10th February, 2017), majqt (10th April, 2020), Mrjitter (13th January, 2017), Sparky1521 (28th March, 2017), t-pirat (21st January, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm looking for 512 words bootloader. If someone has it please send me a private message. Maybe we can exchange some stuffs (message coding, commented firmware code, FTDI EEPROM & AVR EEPROM emulator, AVR FLASH & EEPROM dumper, ...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hello,friends,there is a DIY VAG 16.8.4 can help you training reprogramming,DIY vcds 16.8.4 cable with 16V8B+ 2*L9637D +ATMEGA162 +FT232RL +MCP2515 +A1050. it is support DIY any language and version by your dumps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    i have a problem with VCDS clone 17.5.0..I'm getting error -not plugged into car-.

Thx

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts

17.5.0?

mines only updated to 17.1.1

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

"no plugged to the car"
    - blacklisted loader and Atmega dump defective because of loader - it need reflashed and a need a new loader
    - Atmega defective
    -FTDI defective even its seen in the Device Manager
    Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you please tell me where I find loader and how reflashed?