Register
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Default hi all first post forgive me if I ask stupid questions

I have just started the softmod for 4.2e and after installing bootmii to boot 2 I get an ecc failure (unrecoverable) on page 11 when trying to do a nand back up. Tried to back up with 4gb sandisk micro sd in fat 32 in an adaptor and optima 2gb sd in both fat32 and fat same error same place any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    I have just started the softmod for 4.2e and after installing bootmii to boot 2 I get an ecc failure (unrecoverable) on page 11 when trying to do a nand back up. Tried to back up with 4gb sandisk micro sd in fat 32 in an adaptor and optima 2gb sd in both fat32 and fat same error same place any help would be much appreciated.
    if you just got a few red blocks thats nothin to worry about t they are there for debugging purposes

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

it's not red blocks ck-ok back up freezes and won't continue

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Default help please

I have just realised that when installing bootmii I put sd card in wii before selcting sd card how much does this matter and is it the reason My nand backup freezes half way through and does not complete bootmii is installed as boot 2. Pulling hair out in clumps now. can I delete bootmii from boot 2 and try a different version/start again. Nothing is ever easy in my life. Thanks in advance. I have looked everywhere and can find any posts where someone has had this problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

use a 2gb sd card not a micro sd card see if that helps

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I tried that ck-ok and have now lost the plot completely (same result) I have decided one of the game saves must have corrupt wii memory and have formated the wii and then proceded to connect to shop channel to reinstall i-player now have v4.3 am about to format again in the hope it will take me back to 4.2 and then i will do a safe upgrade for i-player. doesn't look like it will be tonight though. I will keep you posted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I tried that ck-ok and have now lost the plot completely (same result) I have decided one of the game saves must have corrupt wii memory and have formated the wii and then proceded to connect to shop channel to reinstall i-player now have v4.3 am about to format again in the hope it will take me back to 4.2 and then i will do a safe upgrade for i-player. doesn't look like it will be tonight though. I will keep you posted.
    if youve updated to 4.3 then formatting your wii wont help, and modding a 4.3 is still quite difficult sorry to be the bringer of more bad news

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

looks like I will be heading off to blockbusters at the weekend for lego indiana jones then. I will keep posting as I am bound to get lost seeing as I couldn't even get a nand backup to work thanks anyway ck-ok

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Does anybody know if the complete4_2 package will work on 4.3. Probably a stupid question seeing as the numbers are shouting 4.2 but I thought i'd ask anyway

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

another question for 4.3 well more confirmation really. Once I get bootmii installed to boot 2 with indiana pwns am I correct in thinking that it will launch from sd with my nand backup incase of bricking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

another question for 4.3 well more confirmation really. Once I get bootmii installed to boot 2 with indiana pwns am I correct in thinking that it will launch from sd with my nand backup incase of bricking
    this guide will tell you all you need to know The 4.3 Softmod Guide and yes you can still do a nand backup

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Thanks ck-ok I've had a quick look and a quick play with wii and it seems bootmii is still installed to boot 2 after upgrade not had time to try properly but will keep posting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks a bunch for the guide 4.2 ,,,,,
    POINTERS- the SD card won?t work if it is SDHC.
    If you get errors in step 8 ,rep?at from step 7.1 ,,,and repeat as many times as necessary until step 10 is 8/8 without errors( in my case 7 times wad 8 failed).
    having tried many methods following each guide to the letter ,this was the most precise and efficient guide for a noobie !!!!!
    Once again ,thanks a bunch...
    caz woz here!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Default bootmii on boot2

I've managed to get a nand backup from bootmii installed in boot 2 and as you probably know wii is now 4.3. Am I correct in saying I am relativlely safe in recovering from bricking if I make a mess of softmod attempt. Thanks again for your patience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've managed to get a nand backup from bootmii installed in boot 2 and as you probably know wii is now 4.3. Am I correct in saying I am relativlely safe in recovering from bricking if I make a mess of softmod attempt. Thanks again for your patience.
    you should be ok, bricking is rare when modding so go for it