Register
Page 149 of 854 FirstFirst ... 4999139144145146147148149150151152153154159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 12803
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by easyobd View Post
    Hi, can somebody help me with GAL programming?! I tried program GAL16V8B on 3 different programmers but still without the success
    It doesn't matter if I program brand new GAL or from the cable, the content of the GAL after programming is diffrent than the used .jed file-and I don't know why??? I erased the Gal before programming then load .jed file the whole programming proces goes true, no error messages, and after that when I read the Gal the content programmed Gal is different than the used .jed file.
    Please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Hi my friend, as I told by PM Placing Adapter it is not correct.
    As you it in the pics from the Genius meniu.
    You have to place the adaptor starting from the bottom.
    Then Load the dump and then programm it.
    This is all you have to do, nothing more.
    No other settings
    But as I told you if you'll place the adaptor like they said in that oics you'll nevere have a programmjing succesfully.
    Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The adapter placement it's right, I checked that and only in one position I'm able to read and delete GAL, so this is not the issue in my case. So why then If programmer tell me that the whole programming process goes ok, there is different between .jed file and content of programmed GAL?
    Is it possible that PLCC adapter is damage? But then why I can read and delete GAL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The adapter placement it's right, I checked that and only in one position I'm able to read and delete GAL, so this is not the issue in my case. So why then If programmer tell me that the whole programming process goes ok, there is different between .jed file and content of programmed GAL?
    Is it possible that PLCC adapter is damage? But then why I can read and delete GAL?
    Check if your PLCC adaptor matchs the pins when it's converting from PLCC to DIP.

That is, some PLCC to DIP adaptors have different pinouts.

What can you do to solve this? Check if all pins from the PLCC chip are "correctly" inserted into the DIP socket of the programmer...

When I say "correctly" I mean, for example, to check if VCC pin from PLCC chip isn't connected into the GND pin of the programmer.

I hope you understood what I said above because that's why you're having troubles.

Good luck

Did it help? Push Thanks below

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, I think the problem could be with PLCC20 adapter, because I used 3 different programmers, but always to same adapter and always I've got to same results. It is impossible that 3 programmers had to same problem. So I'll check that adapter and will let you know.
    Thank You.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks, I think the problem could be with PLCC20 adapter, because I used 3 different programmers, but always to same adapter and always I've got to same results. It is impossible that 3 programmers had to same problem. So I'll check that adapter and will let you know.
    Thank You.
    If you tried 3 programmers with the same result, then problem is the "PLCC to DIP" adaptor.

Regarding the programmer, if you can see which pin of that programmer refers to, you can adjust your "PLCC adaptor" to match the programmer.

Try re-routing the cooper tracks of the adaptor to match the pinout of the programmer.

This will solve your problem!!!

I am not an expert in GAL programming... but, for example, if you need to lines to program a GAL and those lines are missconnected... you can have those kinds of troubles you're saying you're getting.

Good luck.

Did it help? Push Thanks below

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

Hi, can somebody help me with GAL programming?! I tried program GAL16V8B on 3 different programmers but still without the success
    It doesn't matter if I program brand new GAL or from the cable, the content of the GAL after programming is diffrent than the used .jed file-and I don't know why??? I erased the Gal before programming then load .jed file the whole programming proces goes true, no error messages, and after that when I read the Gal the content programmed Gal is different than the used .jed file.
    Please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I see something to you.. erase=ok,programing=ok ENCRIPT=OK...If you encript the content how you think you can read? NEVER...
    Exclude the encript step from G540...
    Set(s)...mmm the third option..secquence prog..etc..and in the right tab clik on encript, delete..apply..

Is nothing wrong with adapter, if onli one pin is not ok, g540 tell you that.. for your silent try program an gal without gal in socket..you'll see ALL pins red blinking ...
    I have the same G540 programmer (from ebay with adapters plcc20/dip, plcc32/32dip...etc and plcc extractor too for 60$ aprox) and work ok for gal-s.

So, exclude from programming sequence "encript" and you'll can read the content..

ATTN: g540 cannot open correctly all jed files (because of top content of file - from the begining to the map - will appear all fields of the map as 1, is not your case... for who know is the case of inpa.jed, for correctly open i copy the top part of vcds.jed and replace in inpa.jed; probably is depend of the programm generating the .jed).. and when you save a file with g540 will find a big file with ALL lines..
    I tried to write that to chineses the producers of g540 v5.20.. but..the site is only in chinese..i don't know how to register..etc..
    Last edited by liviudiaconu; 9th October, 2011 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks very much liviudiaconu, now everything works ok. Finally I can program GAL and programmed chip matching programmed .jed file
    Can you tell me is the .jed file to same for the GAL working inside BL/BM interface and RL cable, or those files are different?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Anyone in UK who can take a look at my bust cable, RL version and i stupidly removed STC and other components. need the cable now to disable my headlight sensors.

thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have some problems ,the GAL working inside BL/BM interface and RL cable, or those files are different?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Thanks very much liviudiaconu, now everything works ok. Finally I can program GAL and programmed chip matching programmed .jed file
    Can you tell me is the .jed file to same for the GAL working inside BL/BM interface and RL cable, or those files are different?
    Mate the jed files is for BL/BM tools
    The RL is diffrent
    What you have to do is to do like in the tutorial made by our good friend Aminebot for the tools with RL.
    It's working
    Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FFFFFFFFF? DPL? USB<->Serial

Hi. I have a question.
    Why diffrent cables show diffrent problem?(FFFFFFFF? DLP? USB<->Serial. It is important?
    I have version 11.03
    if I update an older version will read only the older versions?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anthraxa View Post
    Hi. I have a question.
    Why diffrent cables show diffrent problem?(FFFFFFFF? DLP? USB<->Serial. It is important?
    I have version 11.03
    if I update an older version will read only the older versions?
    Of course.
    The serial is blacklisted in new versions not in the previos ones.
    So if you'll use the dumps for 11.2 it will workls with all versions up to 11.2 noot with 11.3 , 11.8 or 10.6.5
    Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I try this thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I try to repair 10.6.3 version on FT232RL, but vidpidfix couldn't help...
    may be i'll change EEPROM

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexyx View Post
    I try to repair 10.6.3 version on FT232RL, but vidpidfix couldn't help...
    may be i'll change EEPROM
    Did you unsolder that 4 components before?
    Then try to reflsh the FTDI
    Good luck