Register

Threaded View

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Post Where to buy JTAG Cable

Hi all,

I've searched and been through many forums and sites across the net looking for places where I can find a Solderless JTAG Cable.
    I've fully read threads on this forum that have 43 pages, 18 pages, etc, etc. but I've still not found an answer.

I'm aware that there are similar threads to this one but their either dead or are at a dead-end (some poor souls never even got a single reply, see 2nd quote post below) so I decided to start a thread on it rather than hijack and post in someone else's thread as many have already done.

Quote Originally Posted by shiznitas View Post
    hello

can i buy a jtag cable or i must make it?

regards shiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamias View Post
    I have a crappy dm5620 that i dont have any connection tryed everything and resulted that i need a jtag operation for my patient.
    Is there any place to buy a nice made jtag or a good description of making one reliable,dont whant to spend time to make a cable then blow the dm5620 not worth the time i think.
    So plz fellows help me out with this......
    Regards Gamias
    Quote Originally Posted by jbvid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by digital concepts View Post
    thanx for the offer sKieth but iam in London, Can anyone let me know if i can buy a premade jtag cable and were from
    Hi
    Google dreambox jtag, and the popular auction site, they have them.
    jbvid
    Quote Originally Posted by rickysices View Post
    can you guys tell me where to buy these plz.
    Quote Originally Posted by cogeanu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by strat View Post
    Does anyone know where i can purchase one of these cables...?
    you can also buy the cable from here:

hxxp://www.easymg.com/

or from here:

hxxp://www.diygadget.com/

hope it helps
    Quote Originally Posted by badi View Post
    Hello everybody,

Can i buy ready the jtag cable for dreambox 500s?
    Thank you.
    Then there's also this thread which is similar to this one: jtag cable help?

People have been asking for about 4 years now and people are still quite lost. Many popular places that were suggested like Tailor-Made Circuits, RS Online, Maplins, etc, etc, have either shutdown or don't have the cable anymore.

I've found some places of my own but I'd like to find out which cables would work or not.

Here are two JTAG Cables I've found on eBay by user ww21576:

JTAG Debrick wireless routers, WRT54GS, DD-WRT, FTA Receiver and more! | eBay

ALL IN ONE JTAG Debrick wireless routers, WRT54GS, DD-WRT, FTA Receiver and more | eBay

If you read the description carefully and look at the pictures, you can tell that to use that JTAG Cable I would also need Male-to-Male Jumper Cables to reposition the pin outlets (right?) because to a JTAG Cable with a DreamBox you need to use 8 columns of pins (see attached picture below), and as you can see in their description pictures they only use 5 (thus the need for Jumper Cables).

There's also a JTAG Kit on Eurosky and it says there that it would work for Dreambox 500, but is the 6 core cable supplied with it the right cable(s)?:

http://www.eurosky.co.uk/online/inde...&product_id=97

As for the only remaining popular sites, EASYmG and DIYGADGET which are nearly identical (except that the first also sells Male-to-Male Jumper Cables), they sell 20-pin JTAG Cables but I do not know the schematics/wiring inside these cables . If the wiring is the same as the ones from the eBay links then, again, I will need to use Male-to-Male Jumper Cables (right?):

http://www.easymg.com/jtag-cables.ht...25&order=price

http://www.diygadget.com/jtag-cables...st&order=price

They also sell 10-pin JTAG Cables but that (I think) is in need of a Male-to-Male Jumper Cable job as explained above.

I don't think anyone sells ready-made 16-pin (2x8-pin) JTAG Cables that are needed for the DreamBox as you can see in this picture of my BlackBox 500S motherboard:

Can anyone kindly tell me whether the links posted would work for a JTAG Cable? If not, could you recommend a place. Thank You in advance.

Luca
    Last edited by Luca Toni; 26th March, 2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Typo in thread title and in opening sentence.