PDA

View Full Version : Connection problems with Flash fxp and Filezilla

KingJojo
30th November, 2008, 08:07 PM
I need help, whenever i try to connect the dbox to router either direct or through pc using crossover cables i get ''connection timed out'' error i have tried switching off my firewall but still to no avail can someone help me

gums
30th November, 2008, 08:15 PM
i take it you have the ip address set up correctly on both your network card in the pc and the dreambox

you'd need something like 192.168.0.5 on your network card and 192.168.0.6 on your dreambox you should then be connection to 192.168.0.6 as the address name in flashfxp.

also what username and password are u using?

jfish
30th November, 2008, 08:24 PM
I need help, whenever i try to connect the dbox to router either direct or through pc using crossover cables i get ''connection timed out'' error i have tried switching off my firewall but still to no avail can someone help me

as stated by the above poster, you problem is related to your IP address I guess you PC and DM are on different subnets

KingJojo
30th November, 2008, 08:53 PM
my dbox ip is 192.168.1.71 username - root password - dreambox
my comps is 192.168.1.69

gums
30th November, 2008, 08:59 PM
ok that looks okay to me, and your entering the 192.168.1.71 into flash fxp?

stupid Qs but you do have your dreambox connected to the mains and powered on, and your also 100% its a crossover cable you have rather than a patch cable

KingJojo
30th November, 2008, 09:06 PM
dbox is powered on but on standby hmm let me try using a differant cable although iam sure its a crossover

KingJojo
30th November, 2008, 09:27 PM
definately not the cables......

my pc is connected to router
dbox is connnected to pc

dbox ip: 192.168.1.64
username: root
PASS : dreambox

i missed the footy action today aswell.......

KingJojo
30th November, 2008, 09:28 PM
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server

gums
30th November, 2008, 09:58 PM
my pc is connected to router
dbox is connnected to pc

ok, so i take it you have 2 network cables on your pc then?

oh and the football wasnt that great tbh mate, decent comeback from the arse but that was about it, spanish games tonight have been better

jfish
30th November, 2008, 10:28 PM
can you do a ping from comp to db

also a tracert would help as well

also a routing table on your comp (route print in command line)

def a routing issue here

phillcool
30th November, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hi
Your router is it auto senescing if so it will automatically self correct from a cross over to a straight so you may need to Look at that also a good pint that was made to make sure that you have the same sub net
It should be class C ie 255.255.255.0 I hope that is of some help

KingJojo
30th November, 2008, 11:21 PM
Silly me when i connected to the internet via dbox it was showing the correct Ip Address when the dbox is dis-connected it showed a differant one.

Issue Resolved thanks to all who helped me through this, thanks to Devilfish and the rest of the crew for a top site keep up the good work,

To Stop this from happening in the future:

Install Flash Fxp from this site or FileZilla Client (they are both free software)

Once Installed connect your (pc to router via crossover cable) and (Dbox to router via crossover cable) yes this means you need 2 crossover cables

Flash Fxp

Server/URL: (Your Dbox IP)
Username: root
Passwrod: dreambox
Port: (leave blank)

FileZilla

Open Site Manager and create a new site
Site name make ? ?Dreambox?
Host name is the IP address of the box ?192.168.x.xxx?
Port leave blank
Server type ? FTP
Logontype - Account
UserID is ?root?
Password is ?dreambox?
Account name ?dreambox?

after this hit connect you should now be connected

it is imperative that you make sure all cables are connected securely and that your cables are legit crossover not patch and if you still have problems your typing the wrong Dbox IP

:dancing2::unionflag::dancing2:

Once again thanks and enjoy

KingJojo
30th November, 2008, 11:24 PM
whoops sorry after your connected follow Mubz guide and enjoy

s411ota
30th November, 2008, 11:55 PM
if i use a wireless router to get connected to the internet via my laptop, do i still need to connect the laptop to the router via an ethernet cable aswell as connecting the dbox to the router?

KingJojo
1st December, 2008, 01:48 PM
You can connect your laptop to router via wireless but the Dbox must be connected vis crossover cable,

If you experience any difficulties then connected the laptop to router one cable and Dbox to router another cable (in all you will need 2 crossover cables)

KingJojo
1st December, 2008, 01:49 PM
You can connect your laptop to router via wireless but the Dbox must be connected vis crossover cable,

If you experience any difficulties then connected the laptop to router one cable and Dbox to router another cable (in all you will need 2 crossover cables)

:manusign::manusign::manusign:

hermes69
1st December, 2008, 06:12 PM

:manusign::manusign::manusign:

This is a test, my first post. Please ignore

KingJojo
2nd December, 2008, 04:10 PM
Please do not post spam or junk messages on this forum as we need this forum in order to fix problems now or in the future with our dreambox, and these bogie messages just creates alot of rubbish hiding the real information we need and it makes the Admin and Moderators life alot easier if you keep the threads for real problems or querys this is not just aimed at you but everybody including myself

Barryboy
2nd December, 2008, 04:29 PM
Kingjojo I think you will find you do not need crossover cables if you are connecting through a router, that is part of a routers job to allow different things mainly computers to talk to each other. You only need a crossover cable if you connect your computer directly to your dreambox.

romeo1
9th February, 2012, 05:12 PM
help ive connected db 500s to my pc with filezilla can not find cc config file anywwere