PDA

View Full Version : Opel Corsa C ECU change

NASTASE
11th March, 2013, 12:41 PM
Hi all,
I want to change on my Opel Corsa C ,(year 2001, Z10XE)engine ECU,the existing one is broken.I bought one,but without imobilizer and key,same hardware and software nr.
What must to do?Do I need to make something special with OP COM?

teuton
11th March, 2013, 02:33 PM
You have to match "new" ecu to car. The new ecu must be resetted. If you bought it not resetted you'll need it's pin code to reset it. Then you?ll have to program it into car. You will need the pin code of the car for this. You can do this procedure with op-com. This tool will give you the pin from the car by reading eeprom from dash. You'll find a detailed description for all this in the forum. Search for "op-com immo guide.

BR

NASTASE
11th March, 2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the fast answer.I read Op com immo guide.If I understand correctly,i need security code to reset the new ECU,but wich security code?of my car or from the donor car.
If I need from donor, i'm in trouble,dealer from scrapyard has not.

daniersms
11th March, 2013, 04:26 PM
You can use opcom to read the vin in donor ECU and get the code from the dealer or you must read the 95320 inside the ECU and get the pin from there but it is important to get the pin for donor ecu before you try to program the donor ecu because it is easy to put security wait time on.Good luck

NASTASE
11th March, 2013, 06:38 PM
You can use opcom to read the vin in donor ECU and get the code from the dealer or you must read the 95320 inside the ECU and get the pin from there but it is important to get the pin for donor ecu before you try to program the donor ecu because it is easy to put security wait time on.Good luck

Thanks m8,
I'll try to read VIN from donor,and pay a bottle of Jack Daniels to an Opel employee willing to do a little trick.
Wife's car needs to run ASAP,fastfood is not an option for me.:laugh:

teuton
11th March, 2013, 08:51 PM
As stated you ned pin from donor car to reset "new" ecu. Then you will need the pin of' your car (slow food??) in order to program the new ecu into your car.

BR

smokey08
11th March, 2013, 09:41 PM
Have you got an oscilloscope? Scope the ignition coil current and secondary ignition. I think possible bad quality new coil pack.

Ashraf6119
11th March, 2013, 10:01 PM
Why you have 2 posts for same car problem.....................

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/help-opel-corsa-c-324553/

NASTASE
12th March, 2013, 03:47 PM
Have you got an oscilloscope? Scope the ignition coil current and secondary ignition. I think possible bad quality new coil pack.

Thanks Smokey08,I already tested ,this coil is not energized,not getting power from ECU.

NASTASE
12th March, 2013, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=Ashraf6119;1902881]Why you have 2 posts for same car problem.....................

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/help-opel-corsa-c-324553/
[/QUOTE

Yes ,same car but totally different post.First for fault location and second for ECU replace.