Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I give in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the trouble is i haven't got a box to play with.I've read all Glens tuts and i think i understand them but all this ftp and Var folders stuff etc I think i need hands on experience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

if you want to cardshare in the future charlie m8 go for the DM800 m8, the TM will be great if you dont intend on it but if that thought is in the back of your mind then get the DM, as it can do everything the TM can and more. might be a little more complicated to setup and get used to but well worth it, and if you've used dreamboxes or dboxes on cable your half way there m8
    PS3= krazylegz120282

please read the rules >>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/

if you're new to forums and want to make your first post please read here>>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ul-tips-30279/

if you like what people say please use the reputation or thanks button, dont just make a post to say thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive joined a cs forum crazy and according to the posts i've read on there you can use both Technomate and dream for cs.I haven't used a dream for cable but i'm not too worried about setting one up Its just i still don't know enough about sat to know which way to go.Really all i want is football / discovery type channels and the normal bbc/itv stuff.Im not to bothered about having 3500 channels that i probably won't watch but then again never having had them i don't know but i'll keep reading all the posts until i've got a better idea
    Edit
    Sorry Bulldog for hijacking your thread mate
    Last edited by charlie senator; 31st May, 2008 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazz10 View Post
    Am in same boat i bought a cheap system (sl65 silvercrest) to mess about with as friend got, well all i know is top of range one with h/d and card sharing etc etc dm 7????, i think

i want a cheap but nice system i can grow with and gain knowledge, i dont want top end of market and get joe bloggs to install and am still none the wiser

Yes friend has said he will help me out, yip same old, same old every time I say yes lets do it he says get this box its just out, its got this,that,etc am sure there is loads of decent capable guys(and gals ) out there see where where the sat newbie is coming from .
    No need to wait for your friend get a clone DM500S from China for about ?65 and 1m motorised dish probably about ?125 and stick it on pole in the garden saves you climbing up and down ladders whilst you are adjusting aligning the dish. I have my dish on top of a scaffolding pole at the bottom of the garden. When you have got it all working stick on top of the house.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charlie senator View Post
    Ive joined a cs forum crazy and according to the posts i've read on there you can use both Technomate and dream for cs.I haven't used a dream for cable but i'm not too worried about setting one up Its just i still don't know enough about sat to know which way to go.Really all i want is football / discovery type channels and the normal bbc/itv stuff.Im not to bothered about having 3500 channels that i probably won't watch but then again never having had them i don't know but i'll keep reading all the posts until i've got a better idea
    Edit
    Sorry Bulldog for hijacking your thread mate
    the only TM that you can really use for cs is a 9100 charlie m8 as it's linux based and networked enabled, the rest arent linux and need a server running on pc/lappy which to me is a bit of a pain in the arse , so i'd say dreambox all the way charlie m8.

if you need any info or help just give me a shout m8
    PS3= krazylegz120282

please read the rules >>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/

if you're new to forums and want to make your first post please read here>>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ul-tips-30279/

if you like what people say please use the reputation or thanks button, dont just make a post to say thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah i see now krazy .It was the 9100 i've seen people talking about using cs with
    thanks mate

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123