Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sky original card on 7020

I have a DB 7020 and an original Sky card. Which cam should i use to watch it ? Will i be able to automatically update the card with my box? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

newcs together will read your card however it wont let you write to it so will need putting back in original receiver foe it to update every 6 weeks or so, CCcam will also read and i'm sureit writes to it too, someone will correct me if i'm wrong m8
    PS3= krazylegz120282

please read the rules >>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/

if you're new to forums and want to make your first post please read here>>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ul-tips-30279/

if you like what people say please use the reputation or thanks button, dont just make a post to say thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

CCCam should do the biz for you, keeps my card awake and no pairing required using a 7025! I even left my card unused for about 2 months and cccam woke it up.

SS
    Last edited by SatSearching; 21st May, 2008 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muti View Post
    I have a DB 7020 and an original Sky card. Which cam should i use to watch it ? Will i be able to automatically update the card with my box? Thanks.
    CCcam will read your nds card directly and update it without having to touch the config, just install, activate and away you go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default CCCM

HI I HAVE CCcam9 will read your nds card directly and update it without having to touch the config, just install, activate and away you go

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SatSearching View Post
    CCCam should do the biz for you, keeps my card awake and no pairing required using a 7025! I even left my card unused for about 2 months and cccam woke it up.

SS
    What about stopping them turning the card off? How do you do that?
    Last edited by Neil; 14th June, 2008 at 04:44 AM.
    500c, 600c, 7025+cc, 7000s with a 1m steerable dish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

you cant stop it being disabled neil m8.

it needs to go back into a original receiver every 6 weeks or so for it to download the card entitlements to it, or put it a reader of a aftermarket box which can read/write to the card, but either way if the sub doesnt get paid the card will get de-activated and will only become a FTV card
    PS3= krazylegz120282

please read the rules >>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/

if you're new to forums and want to make your first post please read here>>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ul-tips-30279/

if you like what people say please use the reputation or thanks button, dont just make a post to say thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What about stopping them turning the card off? How do you do that?
    I stop them turning the card off by paying the subscription! It's not a case of stopping sky switch it off, it's a case of keeping the card active (awake)!

But as I say cccam, will handle the entitlements and keep the card active in a "non badged sky box"

Not really illegal but sky doesnt like it (despite them breaking euro rules and not providing a hardware cam so you can use their card on a non sky box).

I'm happy to pay basic subs to sky, but not happy using it in a box they provide as they prove to be very unreliable and unflexable for me.

SS
    Last edited by SatSearching; 16th June, 2008 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SatSearching View Post
    I stop them turning the card off by paying the subscription! It's not a case of stopping sky switch it off, it's a case of keeping the card active (awake)!

But as I say cccam, will handle the entitlements and keep the card active in a "non badged sky box"

Not really illegal but sky doesnt like it (despite them breaking euro rules and not providing a hardware cam so you can use their card on a non sky box).

I'm happy to pay basic subs to sky, but not happy using it in a box they provide as they prove to be very unreliable and unflexable for me.

SS
    but whats the point in paying for the channels if your trying to hack it ? i dont get you

<--Thomson added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...-->

ohh after reading again, does it mean that by keeping the card active that you can use the other methods and gives full sky package etc ??? i think i see what your saying now
    Last edited by Saltire; 20th June, 2008 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

No, I am not hacking anything, I can only view what I pay for.

I just prefer to use a linux based satellite box to watch sky as the dreambox has MANY other advantages.

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
    but whats the point in paying for the channels if your trying to hack it ? i dont get you

<--Thomson added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...-->

ohh after reading again, does it mean that by keeping the card active that you can use the other methods and gives full sky package etc ??? i think i see what your saying now