Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Default Future plans for Digital Kaos

I've been having a search over the past few days and I have some ideas for the site that you all might like.

I'm going to add a youtube type section to the site so that you can upload and share videos just like the tube.

I'm also looking at a new retro front page with loads of info, still to decide on what to use for that.

The only down side is our host won't like the extra bandwidth so looks like we'll need to move to a dedicated server which obviouosly cost more per month but we'll see how I get on with that when we move. Loads to research and try out.

I've also got loads to do at home so trying to split my time accordingly to what the missus tells me I can have

So keep an eye out!

-Devilfish
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

maybes you could start taking donations to help with the server costs??
    PS3= krazylegz120282

please read the rules >>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/

if you're new to forums and want to make your first post please read here>>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ul-tips-30279/

if you like what people say please use the reputation or thanks button, dont just make a post to say thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for all your work Glen....if you need donations for server then please just say.

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I hate asking for donation and at present it's not needed but we'll see how things go if/when we move.

Thanks for the offers though.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I know you dont want to ask m8 and you have always said that but remember it is purely voluntary...if people dont want to donate then they wont have to and not be thought of any differently. I know it will be a very last resort but as the site grows then so do the costs.

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Thanks for all your work Glen....if you need donations for server then please just say.
    Im sure some me us are willing to donate so devildish although its ur forum dont be embarrassed to ask thinkin its dossy coz its not. If you spend most me your time running this forum then im sure some of us will be willing to donate..if the costs cannot be covered your better off leaving it how it is coz atm its gr8.thanking you very much.

<--^^^DARKMAN^^^ added 4 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...-->

Quote Originally Posted by ^^^DARKMAN^^^ View Post
    Im sure some me us are willing to donate so "devildish" although its ur forum dont be embarrassed to ask thinkin its dossy coz its not.
    Sorry that was the tacky predictive on my phone and there was no intent behind it
    Last edited by .: JaCkPoT :.; 7th August, 2008 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    I know you dont want to ask m8 and you have always said that but remember it is purely voluntary...if people dont want to donate then they wont have to and not be thought of any differently. I know it will be a very last resort but as the site grows then so do the costs.

jaffa says it better than i could
    so i nicked his quote

when the sea gulls follow the trawler,it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree dont be bothered about asking for donations the amount of time and effort you put in anyway is amazing!!!

I donated to cableferret forums a day before it disapeared!! but never mind I doubt DK will go the same way with yourself!!

Keep up the good work mate

Dowie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

there's nothing wrong with having a voluntary donation button to help with the cost of the server and if you get too much donations you can always put it behind the bar of a pub near me, dont worry i'll put it to good use

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Hey, I can also find my wife's credit card to play with before she nails it at the shoe shops, don't be shy, stick up a donations button or something similar. I am sure we can still find Jeremy Clarkson's bank details to make donation... Crack on dude, keep up the good work.

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

The donations thing is all good and well. But Devilfish dont want to be seen making a profit, because of the nature of the forum.

I would suggest a target indicator, showing the forum costs and how much has been donated towards that monthly target and if the target is reached , donations are stopped until the next month, This could be a voluntary thing and no one is forced or asked to donate.

I thought about this and still not sure if its classed as making profit.
    After all its like a hobby, with people paying your costs.
    Maybe some law related member can fill us in on this.

As i too would like to give something back to keep the forum going, but only if its safe. .

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Looking great so far mate. Well done devilfish for your commitment towards this awesome!! Forum.

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Well done mate on the forum, even if you don't change servers, think you should put a donations button on site.

I for one would donate.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
    The donations thing is all good and well. But Devilfish dont want to be seen making a profit, because of the nature of the forum.

I would suggest a target indicator, showing the forum costs and how much has been donated towards that monthly target and if the target is reached , donations are stopped until the next month, This could be a voluntary thing and no one is forced or asked to donate.

I thought about this and still not sure if its classed as making profit.
    After all its like a hobby, with people paying your costs.
    Maybe some law related member can fill us in on this.

As i too would like to give something back to keep the forum going, but only if its safe. .

My sentiments exactly,perhaps have a figure each month say ?45???? stab in the dark?
    Users can then say donate ?2 thru paypal? once the target is hit it then disappears till next month.
    Need to have all bases covered and not to be seen profitting from illegal info/files etc.

Another wild suggestion???perhaps peeps could buy shares in this place etc.
    Last edited by Donnie Darko; 17th August, 2008 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how are you going to be able to control the content or are you going to screen ot afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    I've been having a search over the past few days and I have some ideas for the site that you all might like.

I'm going to add a youtube type section to the site so that you can upload and share videos just like the tube.

I'm also looking at a new retro front page with loads of info, still to decide on what to use for that.

The only down side is our host won't like the extra bandwidth so looks like we'll need to move to a dedicated server which obviouosly cost more per month but we'll see how I get on with that when we move. Loads to research and try out.

I've also got loads to do at home so trying to split my time accordingly to what the missus tells me I can have

So keep an eye out!

-Devilfish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast